That Shit Should be Patented

According to his obituary in 'The Oklahoman', celebrating the life of Mason Beau Williams Jr, former Valley Brook police chief, who passed away at the age of 51 on August 20th of 2013:

...was born on Oct 16, 1963 to Mason Fisher and Ida May Fisher Sr. in Norman, OK. Mason's favorite hobby was operating his remote-control helicopter. He was an avid dart thrower and enjoyed singing karaoke at the local Elks Lodge on weekends. Mason was a dedicated Oklahoma University Football fan; attending the Orange Bowl, Cotton Bowl and Rose Bowl. He enjoyed traveling and had collected memorabilia from Hard Rock Café's all over the country. A big fan of Star Trek he had attended multiple Star Trek Conventions, always in full attire. Mason loved his community and was a supporter, contributor and active member of the West Street Baptist Church. Mason was in law enforcement most of his life, beginning with the Cleveland County Sheriff's Dept. where he rose to the rank of Lieutenant. From there he became a Lake Ranger and then on to Valley Brook where he eventually retired as the Chief of Police after 32 years of service.

In truth, Mason didn't retire from the Valley Brook force. The then 49-year-old Mason Beau Williams Jr was fired from the police department in May of 2010 after he was charged with drug possession and drug trafficking when the Oklahoma Highway Patrol pulled him over in Creek County during a traffic stop.

Now to some this didn't come as much of a surprise, as Valley Brook is a town of less than one thousand where eighty percent of their revenue stream comes from court fines and forfeitures, their top businesses are named Little Darlings, Baby Dolls and Fancy's, and their sheriff's department is commonly referred to as the Valley 'Crooks' Police.

The town has a long and continuing history of employing suspect arbiters of the law.

In 2011 Valley Brooke police officer Cletus Clements was arrested on the charges of kidnapping and domestic abuse...twice in the same day...involving the same woman.

In 2012 Officer Ada Mae Gaskins was found guilty of 16 counts of first-degree rape by instrumentation, eight counts of oral sodomy, and nine counts of indecent and lewd acts with a minor.

In 2013 Bodean Watson was convicted of 36 charges of felony rape, lewd exhibition, forcible oral sodomy and sexual battery after investigations revealed that he had used his authority as a patrolman to force victims to have sex with him.

All in all, Valley Brooke seemed a good place for most people to avoid.

But Sue Ellen Hicks didn't worry about being harassed by the police.

She performed under the name Brandy at Valley Brook's only nude gentlemen's club – Chubbies, owned by the so-so silent partnership of the current Valley Brook Chief of Police Services Henry "Hank" Williams and the Town Attorney Clyde Williams, fraternal twins, who it just so happened had collaborated with the town trustees to draft ordinances and amendments to "regulate" the all-nude club, to the dismay and objections of the other strip clubs, before they were granted a license to operate in the Spring of 2014.

The bare-all non-alcoholic beverages joint was operated for the pair by Emily Jane Liddell, herself a former dancer, far past her prime, who used to shake and bake at Baby Dolls until the shake kept shaking even after she stopped shaking and the baking drove away more customers than it attracted. But the girl knew her craft, could spot new talent, and was a marketing genius.

Not that promoting full nude dancers with suspect morals couldn't attract willing and enthusiastic crowds on its own merits.

Cotton Lee Spradley was born and raised in the Lumberman III neighborhood just to the northeast of Valley Brooke. He lived with his mother and four younger sisters in a small two-bedroom trailer in Bill's Mobile Home Park whose published address was 2145 SE 59th St, Oklahoma City, OK. But like it or not, published address notwithstanding, Bill's was really located in Lumberman.