One.

This book contains strong language, adult nature, minor violence and sensitive topics along the way. Viewers discretion is advised; please read at your own risk.

His feathered kisses rains down upon my bare skin, igniting a roaring trail of heat across my shoulder to my cheek and pulling me from the deep slumber. He notices my squirming response and starts to lightly peck a dozen delicate kisses upon my dried lips, continuing until I giggle sleepily and smooch him back.

"Good morning to you too." I greet horsley, squishing the heel of my palm into my blurry vision to adjust to the light streaming through the gap in the curtains. He continues the road of passion down my jaw to the crook of my neck.

"You were dreaming again." He grumbles into my collarbone, placing his final kiss before propping himself up on the pillow beside me. My lips fall into a imidate frown as I sit myself up, the cotton sheets falling to pool around my bare waist. I reach for the hair tie on the bedside table as his fingertips brush beneath my bra strap. "Frankie?"

"I'm fine." I mutter quietly, stripping the sheets back and throwing my legs from the side of the bed. I feel his stare burn through my back as I grab the t-shirt from the floor. "I'll make us some breakfast."

Scurrying from the bedroom without another word, I swallow the swelling feeling that was creeping through my chest and tackling my throat. Focusing solely on training my breathing back to normal, I stumbled to a halt at the kitchen arch. Upon the breakfast bar were two pancake stacks on separate plates, one lathered in maple syrup the other mounted in cream and strawberries. Two glasses of orange and a glass with a sunflower settled between the two.

"I already made it." His voice speaks softly. His arms weave around my waist and he places a soft kiss on the crown of my head. I sighed, my tense and uptight stance relaxing into the safety of his chest and warmth of his hold. "Take your pick."

I roll my eyes at his childish taunt and giggle. My pancakes were always with cream and fruit, the syrup too sweet for my taste buds but he always insisted on letting me choose incase I magically changed my mind. I shimmy onto the breakfast stool, poking the strawberries with my fork. We ate in silence for a few seconds, but the normal tension was still present.

"Wanna' talk yet?" He asks quietly, shoveling his food into his mouth.

I shake my head and earn a defeated sigh. He never pressed. He never did. I clear my throat, nudging his ankle with my foot. "Didn't you say that you have new clients coming in today?"

He nods. "Hm. Father and son business, they seem promising."

"Isn't that a good thing?"

"Yeah; I mean, of course. I just, well, I couldn't get much of a background on them. They set up only eight months ago and this is their first major contract." He tells me. "But you're not supposed to judge a book by it's cover, right? So no passing judgements until our meeting later."

"How about David, will he be in today?"

"After two. Georgia has her scan at eleven, I think he told me." He replied making a instant smile appear on my lips. Georgia and David found out just weeks after New Year that they were expecting their first little bundle and after the shock had settled, they were elated. "Are you sure you're okay, Frankie?"

I nod, a lopsided smile tinting my lips. "Yes."

He sets his fork down, stretching forward to grab both my hands. His circles my palms with his thumbs, tracing each line intensely from fingertips to wrist. "You know you can speak to me about anything, don't you?"