Twenty Two

“Happy birthday to you.” I whispered into his ear, shaking him from his deep slumber. “Happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Jason.” I kiss his shoulder gently. “Happy birthday to you.”

He makes a soft groan with a warm smile and snuggles himself closer, nuzzling his nose into my neck and squeezing my waist. “Five more minutes.”

I giggle. “No! You need to get up, it’s your birthday!”

“I don’t care.” He mumbles, holding me tighter as I try to pry away. He traps my legs beneath his to hold me still and makes me rumble into another wave of laughter. I push his heavier body with no luck at moving him, until he finally cracks and joins me in laughter. He rolls back with a smile. “Good morning.”

“Happy birthday.”

“Thank you.” He laughed, stretching his arms above his head. I bounce from the bed like an overactive child, throwing myself to my knees beside my suitcase that was emptied last night and trailing out the navy and gold packages before jumping back beside him. He stares confused at the gifts on his lap as he props himself upright. “What’s this?”

“Usually, for birthdays, people give people gifts.” I joke. “It’s a thing.”

He nips my thigh cheekily and I yelp. “I mean, you brought me here. That’s way too much already.”

“Stop being modest and open it.” I roll my eyes, grinning. He juts out his tongue and I jut mine out back before he unravels the paper. I fiddle with my fingers as he opens the leather bracelet and flips it to read the engravement on the inside.

All my love, Frankie x

“I love it.” He murmurs. He discards the box to the side and tackles me backwards, attacking my lips, cheeks and neck with endless amount of kisses and making a wild cry of laughter escape from my belly.

I wasn’t going to bring up the subject that the ache in my abdomen was back, only slightly, but still there. I wasn’t going to ruin his birthday with some annoying little pain that came and went often, and I certainly wasn’t going to let him worry about me today when it was all about him. This was a dream vacation since he was little, and the only place he had never visited. I wasn’t going to be the reason that this trip was ruined or cut short.

“I was going to make breakfast, but David actually booked us breakfast at the Lodge. It’s a restaurant at the top of the mountain, apparently it’s not to be missed. We have dinner there tonight too.” I tell him, racking my fingers through his freshly trimmed hair. “Go get showered.”

“In a minute.” He mumbles, running his nose against my jaw. “I want to thank you.”

The knot in my stomach tightened, it was painful, but the flutter in my chest succumbed to the pain and replaced it with excitement. His hand fiddled with the waistband of the silk pink shorts I knew he loved, and with a gasp, his hand finds my bare nub. Under his touch, I was speechless and reduced to a complete pool of jelly.

Jason savoured me like I was a goddess. Each touch, he watched for any other emotion apart from pure pleasure. Each kiss, he listened or anything other than a blissful moan.

He kisses down my chest leaving a blazing trail behind him and cheekily grabs my nipple between his lips. My back arches as he teases me, switching between each breast while his fingers glides between my soaking folds. I moan, the fulfillment gripping me as his finger slips inside. My mouth was drying as it hung open, barely a breath being caught. He couldn’t do this all for me, this was his birthday. His day.

Finding courage, and strength, I pushed his shoulders and took him by surprise. With a gaped mouth and eyes wide, he wets his lips as I confidently climb on top while, secretly, my head was asking what on earth I was doing.