Nineteen

Jason's point of view.

From: Frankie
Missing you. Weekends are never long enough x

She was effortless in everything. The way she moved, the way she spoke, the way she held herself. Everything. There was no words to describe her but simply astonishing was close to it.

"You really need to stop smiling so much." David comments and breaks my blazing trail of thoughts. He slaps a thick pile of papers onto my desk. "Seriously. It's weird, and creepy."

I grunt. "What do you want?"

"Charming." He mutters jokingly. "Paperwork for the next chain of restaurants. Yates has been busting my balls to get you to sign these for weeks now."

I frown. "What's his problem? He was asking me to sign those before the restaurant even opened. He realises what's going on with the break-in, doesn't he? The last thing on my mind is that fucking restaurant."

"I said the same thing, but if he rang me one more time I was going to rip the contract up and tell him to fuck off." He mutters. "I don't know, Jason. Things just seem strange with him at the minute, I'm not sure what it is. It seems like he's got his hands on the restaurant and that's it."

I run my hands down my face with a groan. I was too stubborn to admit my feelings were the same.

"Listen, Yates is the least of my concerns right now so they can wait and if he doesn't like it, he can get his lawyer." I said frustratingly, shoving the forms into the top drawer of my desk. "He got one restaurant opened, he can't get ahead of himself. He'll sink before he can swim and I'm not going down with him."

"Tell him that." He snorts. "He even left a message with Emily to get one of us to call him."

Matthew Yates was the last thing on my mind. Him and his copy restaurant that unfortunately shared my name. The regret was heavy.

"How's things with Sweden?"

"John wants us to have a meeting with him in an hour to talk about the finances, he also doesn’t understand why they are dipping so much.” He explains. “Your dad said he will also sit in and give his view on the situation. He’s already asked John to draw up every income and outcome from the hotel backing right up until the land was purchased.”

“Knock knock!”

I knew that voice. It was the only voice that could get me to stop everything, focus on nothing and forget what I was doing. As smooth as velvet and as sickeningly sweet like an addictive candy. That’s what it was to me - addictive.

“Frankie.” David greets with a broad smile. “I didn’t expect to see you today.”

“Well you know me, full of surprises.” She teases. She approaches me with a soft smile and plants a welcome kiss on my lips. She sets down the white square box onto my desk. “I brought you some treats actually.”

She reveals the glorious red velvet cupcakes she had baked last night. David groans. “Good god, if you keep feeding us with these I’m going to need to up my gym routine to five days a week instead of three.”

She laughed. “Well they would just go to waste sitting at home.”

I wrap my arm around her waist as she stands beside me with a hand absentmindedly trailing across my shoulders. “Have you any meetings today?” I ask.

“No.” She says. “I actually am just heading to pick up Georgia to go and have lunch with her, Lucy and your moms.”

David quirks a brow, wiping the icing from his top lip with the back of his thumb. “Georgia didn’t tell me you were meeting with her today.”