006

Dylan and Malina smiled as they looked at the finished product of their masterpiece.

"She's going to love it Dylan, she definitely won't reject you after seeing this!" Malina said in excitement.
"I hope so..." Dylan said and then turned back towards his mother in the car. She had tears in her eyes.

She quickly wiped them away when she saw Dylan looking at her. Dylan smiled at his mother and then walked over to the passenger side and opened the door.

"I can't believe that my baby boy is in love!" His mother said as he sat down on the passenger seat, Malina chuckled as she took a seat in the back of the car.
"Mom!" Dylan whined, his mother chuckled.
"Okay, okay sorry. That was embarrassing." She said and then started the car.

—————————

Lola stood waiting outside her house. She smiled as she saw Dylan's car pull up her driveway.

Her heart skipped a beat when she saw Dylan get out of the car. Lola didn't want to admit to having a crush on Dylan but her heart proved the fact that she did.

Lola smiled at Dylan and Malina as they reached her.
"So what were you guys doing for those 15 minutes huh?" She asked with a big smile on her face.
"Oh don't worry Lola, you'll find out soon enough." Malina replied and then the three of them walked inside.

—————————

Lola smiled as the credits of Harry Potter and The Half-Blood Prince began to roll.

"Hey, uh Lola. Can I talk to you?" Dylan asked and Lola turned to look at him.

"Sure." She said and nodded.

Dylan then stood up in front of her and held his hand out for her to take.

"Oh, we're going somewhere?" Lola asked and Dylan nodded his head. He looked nervous for some odd reason.

Lola smiled and grabbed onto his hand. As they walked past Malina, Lola couldn't help but notice the smirk on her face. It really confused Lola as to what was going on.

After about 2 minutes of walking Lola couldn't hold in her curiosity anymore.
"So, where are we going?" She asked.

"Don't worry, we'll be there in about 3 minutes." Dylan said and smiled at her. Lola smiled back and then looked down at their hands which were still attached. Her smile growing bigger.

—————————

Lola's eyes widened as she looked at the decorations spread around her favourite park.

"Did you do this?" Lola asked and turned to Dylan.
"With help from Malina," Dylan smiled "Do you like it?"

Lola lunged at Dylan and gave him a hug, "I don't like it Dylan. I love it!" She said and then let go of him staring into his eyes.

She then suddenly had the urge to kiss him but she brushed it off and said, "What were you going to tell me earlier?"

Dylan didn't say anything he just grabbed her hand again and pulled her over to sit underneath a tree.

"Lola, I uh- I..." Dylan seemed like she was struggling with how to get out whatever he wanted to say.

"Dylan, it's okay. It's just me, I'm your best friend. You can tell me anything." Lola said and laughed with a big smile on her face.

This seemed to motivate Dylan.
"Lola, I really really like you. I think I liked you from the moment I met you. You're so kind and beautiful and you deserve someone so much better than me but I can't let someone like you leave me. Lola w-will you be my girlfriend?"

Hearing those words come out of Dylan's mouth made Lola ten times happier than she'd been just seconds ago.

"Yes Dylan, of course I'll be your girlfriend!!" Lola said and lunged at Dylan once more, but this time instead of hugging him she kissed him, which took both of them by surprise but they melted into the kiss and then after what felt like forever, they broke off from each other.

Lola grabbed Dylan's hand again and then turned away from him, looking around at all the decorations he'd put up for her.

She really was glad that she was now dating a boy like Dylan.