CHAPTER 2

「 The Moon 

THE smoke formed a little cloud as soon as it got out of my mouth. The dark scene made it hard to see what was around me, but I didn't mind. I completely knew this place by millimeter, as much time as I've spent here the last years.

The chair creaked as I got up and I put the burned-out cigarette into a glass jar. I got out of the house and onto the small street, I was on my way to our small meeting place. 

The street was nowhere near crowded at this time, in fact, it was nearly midnight. The stars twinkled over my head as not a single cloud could be seen. Only the streetlamps made me be able to see ahead of my shadow. I knew where I was headed, by each and every corner I passed I got closer to my friends and my destination.

I didn't feel cold even as it was pretty rotten outside, the air was wet and felt sticky against my skin. Autumn was around the corner and the nights had already become chillier and darker than before. I dragged my bomber jacket closer around me to keep the cold wind out.

I have to buy all my clothes myself as my father never really cared about me. I got a roof but I didn't spend so much time under it, I was only sleeping there. He never offered me food or clothes or anything a normal child would get. Everything just fell apart 7 years ago.

I may be 23 years old, but I still lived at home by the reason that I always was home alone anyways. I have had to fix everything myself since I was 16, food, clothes, roof, everything. I haven't really spoken to him since then.

After a few turns left and a few right I got to the place where both my friends where hanging out. It was a shelter between two houses, I used a small alleyway to get to it. In the middle of three pretty damaged houses there where a small squared space with a roof over the half part. No windows pointed at this place, it was just four empty walls that stood tall beside it.

 Not much people knew this place as ''you should be scared of alleyways'', they said. But also, this space was located in a less populated area so not many people visited here on purpose.

''Ahh, our Chimchim has come to join us.'' One of the boys smirked.

''Yoongi, you know I don't like being called that.'' I spit back.

''Aww, our Jiminie is angry.'' The red-headed boy named Taehyung grinned back.

''Shut up you alien.'' They both just chuckled as I made my way to an armchair and slumped down.

This place wasn't much, just a sofa, an armchair and a few barrels who stood against one of the walls. We spent much time here together when we were bored or on any other occasions. We had fun together here.

Taehyung was sitting on one of the barrels with a cigarette in his left hand as he was supporting his body on the other. He had black jeans on, a jeans jacket and a Gucci shirt. Well, it didn't surprise me as much, I knew all of us didn't have the best economies but Taehyungs stealing skills was nothing to mess with.

Yoongi was located on the sofa, laying down with his arm resting behind his head. His blonde hair was peeking out from his black cap. His black leather jacket hangs on the side as he was lying there in just a shirt. 

We don't really know so much about each other, but I think both Taehyungs parents died a few years ago and Yoongis left him. We just ended up together and took advantage of one another for moral support. We got pretty close as all of us have been through nearly the same thing, but we never talked about our pasts.