CHAPTER 7

Company

I could hear sounds of feet moving on the floor, coming closer and closer before a figure entered my hall. I had just entered my flat, standing on my doormat just inside my white hall I got ready to fight the intruder. Well, my thoughts were wrong as I laid my eyes on the person.

''You, girl... WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?'' An angry Hoseok appeared with his hand up high pointing at me, scolding. His loose shirt was waving at his sides as he walked with big steps, his sweat pants hang loosely too around his legs. He was in complete cozy mode.

''Woah woah, what are you doing here?'' I replied, being a bit taken back by him stomping at me. I didn't know he would be here honestly. 

''Did you really forget? You are sometimes so freaking irritating Soojung.'' He rolled his eyes, crossing his arms over his chest. ''I have worried my ass off because of you!''

Oh right, I forgot. I was supposed to come to Hoseok right after my shift ended, which was pretty much about one hour ago. Since it isn't such a distance from the cafe to our building, it usually takes up to 10 minutes to get home.

''I'm sorry Hoseok, I got... distracted,'' I said to him while taking off my sneakers.

I hung up my jacket at a hook spiked onto my wall. My hallway had white walls with a grey stone tile floor. To my left, there was a white drawer with a mirror on top with a few other accessories too. To the right, I had a coat hanger plus a few hooks to hang up stuff. That is probably the stuff you could call as a hall, from there a short corridor led into my living room.

''Oh my god, what happened to your lip?'' He roughly took my chin and turned my head a bit so he could get a closer look at my wound. He looked so worried I felt a bit bad because it was really no big deal.

As much as I love my best friend, he could sometimes be very annoying and overprotecting. This little boy can't be anywhere without knowing where everyone is, those he cares about y' know. He is a real baby boy sometimes.

''Calm down Hobi, I'll tell you what happened, just let me come inside the door first,'' I said and he released me, taking a few steps back still eyeing me like a hawk looking at its prey.

I put away all the belongings that I've had with me under the day, I stopped by the cafe while getting home to just grab my bag. Eunjae had already gotten home and the cafe was manned with another pair of workers. I also sent away a small message to her so she didn't get worried, on my way back.

I walked in into my living room with Hoseok right behind me, almost tripping me over since he was so close behind. I jumped onto my couch, snuggling up into one corner while Hoseok took the other.

''Now tell me,'' He emphasized every word.

I started to tell him everything that had happened from me leaving the cafe to getting home. As I got further into the telling he started to get angrier and angrier. And when finished my storytime he immediately stood up.

''Wait here, I'm going to kick those men who hurt you up to the moon.'' His eyes showed anger and his bangs hung down half his eyes.

I laughed, ''Hobi, they're probably already long gone and you can't even compare yourself to them, boy.'' I took his wrist, dragging him back down.