Chapter 6 - Telepathy does exist?

Once Sally had left the room Ikarius seated Teolura at the head of the table and settled down on one side next to her, "Would you like to sample some of the food? Anything to drink?" He had snagged a plate and some coffee as they came in, "Please and my assistant will take care of that for me. He is here to ensure that our meetings aren't disturbed by my needing anything. He will also be keeping notes for me so I can focus on the discussion at hand."

Several of the other representatives nodded since their assistants were doing much the same thing. In the case of the humans most of them were in either a uniform or expensive tailored suit. The distribution was about equal and Ikarius knew most of them at the meeting. Some he knew well and trusted others he knew and didn't trust at all, "Let me introduce you to the representatives in the room. I am going to start with General Chou to your left and..."

As he introduced them they all greeted her back and gave bows, nods, or other method of showing respect. Eventually everyone had something to drink and eat and the room settled down, "From the sounds of it you know far more about us than we do you. Can you comment on that?" That was a representative from Japan.

Teolura nodded at him, "I can answer to an extent. The reason I say an extent is because Billy and Sally discussed mostly social and cultural conventions of the countries Yilly was familiar with. There was some discussion on the political set up but he made sure that was rather generic. He did that so that when we came here we didn't come with preconceived notions."

She took a sip of some tea and smiled, "The most important thing he did was to allow us to get the English language from his mind and his daughters mind. This allowed us to implant it into the crew that was coming with. Most of the Sholan's can understand and speak English without a problem. Does this answer your question?"

There were quiet murmurs around the table as some of the ambassadors and representatives discussed what she had said. Another man spoke up, "Vat about his vessel's drive signature? Did you give him dat technology? If so I would expect it to be provided to others as well." He had a very thick accent as he spoke.

"Not at all, from what all I understand he came up with the drive modifications by himself. When he arrived at our ship his had already been modified. All we did was provide him with our style of beds since they are more comfortable. We did install expanded sensors but they are a separate installation and is manned by Sholan's and not Yilly or Sally."

The rest of the evening went much the same way; they would ask questions and she would answer what she could. Eventually Ikarius called the informal meeting to a close, "It is getting late and I am sure the Ambassador would like to get back to her ship and relax. Also, it has been requested before we start with the formal meetings to give them several days to recover from the flight. They also have a warrior that died while taking the pirate vessel. They need to have a ceremony for him as well."

He stood up and smiled at everyone, "Unless anyone has an issue for the moment I am going to act as an informal contact for them. Once Billy is released from medical, he was ill on the way to earth, then he will take over. Good evening ladies and gentlemen. I will contact you in a few days and start setting up a schedule of meetings."

While the others were standing, and getting ready to leave he noticed Teolura checked something on her wrist and frowned momentarily, "Is everything okay Ambassador?" Chances where it was simply a status update.

"Nothing major Commodore, if you wouldn't mind escorting me to the Barque I would appreciate it." She had a gentle grin on her face when she asked, "I would hate to get lost and walk into the wrong room."