Chapter 16: Empty

Dust sat there, leaning back in the couch and staring at the blank walls in boredom. His eyes had narrowed ever since Papyrus had left and he was honestly thankful that no one had come in to bother him.

The room was almost silent, except from his own soft breathing and the beating of his soul. His eyes had dimmed slightly and his body still ached after the small 'battle' which happened only a few hours ago.

Gods... He didn't expect His Papyrus to just... snap? Take control? Whatever.... just, he didn't think he'd surprise him in that way. Especially chain him so he couldn't do anything besides from watch what Papyrus was doing while controlling his body.

For once in his life he had felt helpless. Useless.

Weak.

Urgh... that word. He hated it.

Dust looked down at his scarred hands, trailing his finger tips along each and every pale white line. Recalling every wound he had ever been given in each of those fights he had been in when he...

when he slaughtered his own au just because he was angry.

Arrogant.

Dust clenched his hands into fists and got up, wincing and almost stumbling over from the fact he ached so god damn much!?

He almost swore yet had the nerve to bite his lip to the fact it bled. Glancing around did he slowly limp to the door. Looking back to the door of Blue's room.

Maybe... Maybe he should just leave Blue alone. That would mean he'd stay safe.

Stay safe from him.

After all, he had his brother to look after him. Not a bloodthirsty murderer who had so much LV.

Pushing away the pain deep in his soul did he open the door and walk out, creating a portal back to his home au with the last of his magic.

This time, he didn't look back at the house and walked into the portal which slammed shut after him.

He was immediately met by Horror and Killer who ran at him, dropping their weapons and inspecting his still-healing wounds.

Horror looked horrifed- pft. "HOLY- WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED TO YOU!?"

Killer nodded, "yea you look like you've fallen off a cliff." He commented but was shot a glare which made him shrug like the idiot he was.

Dust looked away, "... it's complicated."

Horror scoffed, "of course it's complicated!"He crossed his arms, "let me guess. US Papyrus gave you a beating didn't you." He smirked as his red eyes glowed darkly.

Dust watched him before turning away, limping to his room. Killer smacked Horror who hissed like a cat before growling.

Killer glared at him before following after Dust, helping him for once.

Dust laid down in his bed once Killer had healed him more. The skeleton had insisted helping Dust, saying how he owed him.

His eyes were a little brighter with magic but not happiness. And for once in a long time went to sleep with the thought that he might never be able to love Blue