Chapter 20: Survival

Blood.

It was everywhere.

In the snow, on the path, dripping from a knife that was dropped with a thud and clatter of steel.

The murderer stared at his lover who stood before him, still and yet trembling. He didn't know what to do. What to say.

His body had frozen. Just staring.

His lover could have died. Could...

...

and was only 0.1 Hp less from dying before him.

Papyrus had a horrified look, his eyes were wide and guilt shone in them. He stumbled back, his hands shaking slightly as he stared at his brother who was still staring at him, tears running down his face. A slash across his chest that screamed death. Yet didn't at the same time.

His brother had survived. 

But he had survived from him, from his stupid actions. How the hell could he feel happy that he was still living!? It was all his fault. He was the one who dared hold that knife and use it like the damn coward he was.

He reached a trembling hand towards him. "B-Blue..." His voice felt raw, quivering. 

Blue didn't move. Staring into nothing as blood trickled down from the corner of his mouth, dripping down. But his pupils were moving in a shaking motion until he looked over to him, very slow, forced movements. Showing just how much it hurt for him.

Papyrus cringed a little, "I-I'm.. I-I didn't mean to h-hurt you- I-I.. I-I'm so sorry-" He apologised, even though it was pointless and meant nothing to Blue or Dust who was now staring at him with rage.

His brother narrowed his eyes slightly.

"Forgiving you would be the worst decision I could ever make." His voice was emotionless and yet weak. Hardly shaking.

Dust swallowed and stumbled towards his lover.

 More blood dripped from his chest, his eyes narrowing. Cold and empty.

Then he collapsed. His legs giving away under him. Luckily Dust caught him, landing on his knees with a large thud. His widened as he shook Blue slightly, "Blue?! Shit- Come on!" He gritted his teeth, slamming a portal open beside him with the swipe of a hand.

The calm, peaceful world of Undertale lay out from within. Snow gently falling down from nowhere. Dust grunted, picking Blue up and pressed a hand against his wound, looking back to Papyrus with a snarl.
"The next time I see you.
You're fucking dead."He snapped before vanishing into the portal which closed with a thud.

Papyrus was left standing in the Snowdin clearing. Blood everywhere and around him.

Alone.

L̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶h̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶a̶l̶w̶a̶y̶s̶ ̶b̶e̶e̶n̶

Dust looked around Undertale and gritted his teeth, teleporting through the au. Into Snowdin, then Waterfall, and finally Hotlands. He squinted at the extreme heat but kept running, occasionally glancing down at Blue until he finally reached the steel door of Alphys' lab. No way was he going to stay in Underswap and go to Undyne's lab while Papyrus the maniac was running around-