Chapter 18: The Truth

The chains fell apart and hit the floor of the black void that surrounded him, clanking as they did. Papyrus had vanished and he was alone again.

The screen before him now blank with white.

His surroundings starting to blur and glitch before he was met with reality.

--------------------------------

His eyes focused, met with the forest in his au, covered in snow as his arms plunged down, gripping the familiar handle of a knife. He snapped out of it and halted his arms, looking down to see the blade an inch above Blue's soul.
Dust's eyes widened, his pupils shrinking as they glowed, shocked. Terrified that if he moved the knife would pierce Blue's soul.

Blue was crying, tears rolling down his cheeks as he stared up at Dust with a face full off fear.
His hands trembled and he dropped the knife to the sound, hearing it land on the frozen dirt.

His arms slumped to his sides, shocked that Papyrus had been so close to getting Blue killed.

He was then yanked right off of Blue, slammed into the frozen ground and pinned their, hearing running footsteps as Blue was helped up to his feet. Killer and Horror were there, panting as they had caught up to them, Horror pinning Dust down with his magic while Killer checked Blue over, asking questions like 'did he hurt you?'

Guilt washed over him and all he could do was stare at the snow, trembling from the trauma of what had just happened.

Blue wiped the tears from his cheeks even though they were stained, he glanced over to Dust who wasn't struggling or putting up a fight, giving up his attempts.

He couldn't believe that just happened, how his eyes glowed so brightly with orange... and now he remembered how Dust's brother who he had seen minutes ago with him had the same eyes.
It couldn't have been Dust... but at the same time, it felt so real. And that was what scared him so much.

Horror looked to Dust and growled, "you back to normal yet? Or is Papyrus still running around in your damn mind!?"
Killer watched cautiously, spinning a knife between his fingers skillfully.

Dust exhaled softly, looking up at the two before nodding, "yes. I'm back to normal, "he grunted and tried to get up. "Goddammit, let me go."

Killer glanced to Horror and Horror sighed, letting the magic on Dust vanish.

He went over to him and pulled him up to his feet.

Some snow fell off him and he grunted, wincing at the ache in his back. Horror narrowed his eyes, "what. Happened."

Killer and Horror stood in front of him, a wall between him and Blue.  Dust swallowed and looked down.

"...Papyrus... he just... really wants to kill everyone who I love, even after I wiped out everyone in those aus before he's still not satisfied... So now he just wants me to kill Blue because he knows how..."He glanced over to Blue, "how important he is to me."

The small skeleton blinked, his cheeks becoming dusted with a light blue blush. "W-what...?"He swallowed, "I-I thought... you hated me..."

"Why on earth would I hate you?"

"Because you left without a single word..."Blue looked down, fidgeting slightly.

Dust narrowed his eyes, shoving past Killer and Horror who watched cautiously as he walked over to Blue, resting his hands on the smaller's shoulders. Looking down at him while Blue looked up at him with starry eyes.

"I would never hate you, "he pulled Blue closer, so close that their faces were inches apart. Blue squeaked a little, "o-oh..."

Killer looked like he was about to throw up but Horror gripped his shoulder, yanking Killer away, "come on. Let's go before this gets... graphic." He groaned. His friend was quick to agree and they hurried off back to Dust's mansion, disappearing into the trees and snowy forest.

They feet crunched against the snow and soon they were gone, the only sounds being the rustling of trees and the soft breathing of the two who were left standing there.

Dust's face was light purple by now as he watched Blue who was still looking at the spot of trees Killer and Horror and left through, the smaller soon looked over to Dust, smiling happily.

Dust sighed and opened his mouth to say something but was cut off as Blue hugged him tightly, burying his face into Dust's sweater. 

The smaller sighed in content and looked up at him, smiling brightly. "I'm so happy you're okay!!"He giggled. Enjoying the fact that Dust was fine and how warm Dust was.

The murderer wasn't warm...

His face was literally steaming because of how hot and dark his blush had gotten. He looked like a grape at this point and Blue laughed a little at how Dust looked.

The cold breeze calmed and cooled Dust down thankfully and he rubbed at his face, looking away with a slightly embarrassed look.

Blue kept close to him, pressed against the taller who soon sighed and spoke.

"Blue..." 

He looked up at Dust, blinking and smiling, "yes???"

"I-I...I wanted to tell you something..."Dust bit his lip, nervous as frick, sweating a little.

Blue tilted his head, confused. "What???" He was still smiling, those baby-blue, star eyes glowing softly.

Dust started to blush, "I... Blue..."

He breathed in sharply, "You're the most wonderful person I have ever met... Y-ou make me so happy... and..."

The breeze blew by and the forest went quiet as if waiting for his words.

Dust slowly wrapped his arms around Blue, making the smaller look up at him, his thumb under the smaller's chin as he started to bend down. His face getting closer to the others.

"I..."

Blue whined, "hurrryy upp!! I'm coollldddddddd!!"

The murderer chuckled and then sighed.

"I.. really like you Blue..." He then shook his head, "no..."

"I love you." He held the smaller closer who was staring up at him with wide eyes.  
Dust smiled gently, his eyes glowing with happiness, something that was pretty rare for him. 

He then closed the gap between them, kissing Blue on the lips who was frozen in place. His face was slowly engulfed with a bright blue blush.

A twig snapped but the two didn't notice.

Papyrus who was standing there, his eyes glowing with anger with a portal behind him. Watching the scene before him unfold with hatred.