Meet Daniel!

"She's a Killer Queen. Gunpowder, gelatin. Dynamite with a laser beam!"

I scream along with Killer Queen by Queen obviously. I'm not an uncultured swine although you may think so. I'm in the car on my way to Mcdonald's. It's a 24/7 Mcdonald's thank god otherwise I wouldn't be able to eat fries at 8 am. Which is totally normal btw.

I drive into the Mcdrive.

"Hi what can I get ya?" I smirk at her accent.

"Two fries, 20 chicken nuggets and a mcfuckin big Mc please."

"What?" The person taking my order is hanging out of the window. I turn down my music and repeat it. "Ok you can get your food at the next window." I pay for everything and nod as I drive to the second window.

I get handed the goods. Zac's car immediately smells like fries. I dump everything in my backpack except for a pack of fries. The Mcdonald's is surprisingly close to the hospital so I'm back in no time. I go up with the elevator. The guard wasn't an asshole for once. He let me through when I showed the wristband. I walk around the corner until I hear a deep voice.

"You do know they don't support fast food right?" I turn around with the pack of fries still in my hands. My eyes meet the eyes of a guy I don't know.

"Do you see me care?" I look at him and it takes a while before it shoots back in my mind. "Wait aren't you that guy I ran into at like 5 am?" I stare at his bright green eyes.

He slowly turns his head to the right, he's looking at the wall until he turns back to me and then proceeds to nod. "Could be yeah."

"Come by sometimes, I don't know what you are here for. Or how long you'll be here." A moment of silence follows. "Anyways I'm with the guy in room 546. I may be there or something." I start walking away. "I like your eyes." I look back and see him trying to hide a smirk.

"You really are just about it huh?"

"Yep see ya!" Only then I realise I just invited basically a stranger to come hang out with me. Maybe that's not the best idea ever, but it's late and my brain is all over the place.

I open the door of Zac's room with force. "What's up fuckers. Uber eats is here." I plop on a chair besides Zac's bed. These chairs are ten times as good as in the waiting area. I look up at Nathan to see him making aggressive hand gestures. Which involve a lot of pointing towards Zac and putting his finger in front of his mouth. I look at Zac and see him sleeping.

He's kinda cute when sleeping. Doesn't look like such a bitch

I start whispering to Nathan. "Did he fall asleep?"

"Nah, the nurse gave him shit to sleep because he's exhausted but couldn't sleep. And it's been only downhill, kinda shitty, we'll see how he's doing in three hours or so."

"Wait so what are you saying?" I lean forward and put my elbows on my knees.

"It's not looking good is what I'm saying. His oxygen level keep dropping. Not a lot but just little by little. And one of his kidneys is starting to fail. The infection has only gotten worse and I don't know what to do. The doctor said it will be alright. It will just take some time."

I place my head in my hands. After a while I stand up and hand Nathan his burger and fries.

"Should we call his parents? If we are I'm not calling them, I can't do that." I start walking out of the room.

"What! Why not? I barely know his parents? I've met them once." I throw up my hands and close the door behind me. I sit on the ground in the hallway. I grab my phone and my headphones. I put on some SYML and sit there for a while eating fries and Chicken nuggets. I change my music as soon as I feel tears welling up in my eyes. It's now upbeat music that I can dance on.