Chapter 8

Julian ran to where Ty was kneeling. Tears were rapidly falling down his face, and he was holding onto Kit's hand as if his life depended on it. "Ty-Ty.... what's wrong?" He worriedly asked. Kit was heavily breathing, the occasional painful scream. Ty sniffed and looked up, his face a pale white color. "Th-the iratze didn't w-work on K-Kit.." Ty said, sniffling. Kit screamed again, and fell from on his knees to the ground, his eyes wide. His gray shirt clung to him, sticky with blood, and it was torn enough to show a long, deep cut across his chest, a slow but steady stream of blood flowing out. He was crying, and his face was red and scrunched up in pain. Kit lifted a shaking hand and drew things in the dirt. It was difficult to see, because the sun was going down, but it spelled out Ragnor. Julian stood up and raced off to find Ragnor. Once he was out of earshot, Kit spat blood off to the side. "T-Ty, if this is the l-last moment... I get to s-see you, remember that I l-love you..." Kit said, before his body jerked and he had a coughing fit. Ty shook his head, finding his hands untangling the messy parts of Kit's hair. "You c-can't talk l-like that!" He said. Kit's blue eyes were glossed over with tears, and the whites were red. There was a series of footsteps, and Ragnor appeared, with Julian, Jace, Magnus, Simon and Clary at his side. "Oh my, Christopher. I am not good at healing people, especially Nephilim." Ragnor sighed. Jace looked highly worried. "Ty, have you tried a blood replacement rune?" He asked. Ty shook his head and started to draw the swirling lines on Kit's inner arm with his free hand. Ragnor began performing spells in attempt to heal Kit as Kit jerked and screamed.
Eventually, it was past midnight and nearly everyone had taken a portal home. Kit was in the infirmary, bandaged up because an iratze wouldn't work. The most Ragnor could do was knock Kit out, and now he was restlessly sleeping, with nobody in the room except Ty. It had been like that for four hours and 27 minutes, to be precise. Just a sleeping Kit and a worried Ty. He sat down next to the bed with the sleeping boy on it, amd stared out of a window at the cloudy sky.

Clary woke up to a persistent golden-haired boy saying her name over and over again. "Clary. Clary. Claaaaaaaary. Clary. Clary. Claryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy." He said. Her room in the New York Institute was small with walls covered in pictures of her and Isabelle, Jocelyn, Luke, Jace, Magnus and Alec. There was a pastel purple fluffy carpet on the ground, and a pouty-faced Jace sitting on a stool by a canvas on an easel. His golden eyes were bright and happy, and even a little excited. "I'm awake." Clary murmured, wrapping her blanket closer around her. He smiled his adorable smile. His hair was messy, and he was wearing a shortsleeved navy blue t-shirt and black jeans. "We were going to go somewhere with Alec and Magnus, remember?" Jace asked. After the fight the previous night, Clary had agreed to go to the mall with Alec and Magnus, and Jace said he would tag along. "Whutimeizi?" Clary mumbled. Jace stood up and traced the edge of the mountains in one of Clary's paintings with his finger. "It is, I believe, past time to wake up. I will bring an airhorn in here if I have to." Jace said, and then unexpectedly walked out of the room. Clary unwrapped her blankets and got dressed. She was wearing black skinny jeans, black combat boots, a long-sleeved white shirt, and a black jean jacket that said 'HYPNOTIC' on the right sleeve in gray letters. Her fiery hair was spilling over her shoulder in wild curls she knew better than to brush. Her colorless outfit brought out the green in her eyes. Clary made a decision in her head. She looked like an angsty teen. She sighed and walked out of her room to go find Jace.
Magnus was ruffling Rafael's hair, and had an arm around the navy blue Max. Alec was in a hushed conversation with Catarina Loss, Who Max was gazing at with envy. Magnus looked up and smiled, his hair styled with glitter and his yellow cat eyes gleaming with happiness. He reached down to ruffle the two children's hair one last time. "You two have fun with Catarina, okay sweet peas?" He said. Rafe nodded, and Max just smiled. Max would soon be 9, and Rafael would soon be 11. Clary remembered the day Magnus and Alec adopted Max. They were at the Shadowhunter Academy, and Simon, George Lovelace, and multiple others found a baby at the front steps of the Academy. The boy came with a note that said 'Who could ever love it?'. Simon had told Magnus and Alec about, and they decided to take care of the baby. Since everyone had assumed they were keeping it, and Maryse and Robert were experiencing grandparent fever, Magnus and Alec kept the child. They named him Max Michael Lightwood-Bane. Max for Alec's little brother, and Michael for Robert's deceased parabatai.
       Alec shook Catarina's hand and smiled, and Catarina nodded, her silvery hair falling over her shoulders. He nonchalantly walked over to Magnus, Clary and Jace. "Let's go, shall we?"

        After 10 minutes of excited conversation and walking around cluelessly, Magnus ended up pulling them into a candle store, where unexpected scents awaited. Magnus was smiling nearly the whole time they were in the store, and Clary was smelling all of the sweet scented candles. Jace swore that he recognized the mundane working at the store, and reminded himself to ask. Magnus exhaled in pleasure. "Alec, you have to smell this one." He insisted. Alec turned away from a blueberry scone scented candle, and smelled the candle Magnus was holding. "Magnus, we're buying that." He demanded. The candle was red and smooth. Clary could smell it from where she was standing. There was a sigh from behind her, and she swiftly turned around, reaching for her pocket. "That's my favorite, too— Clary Fray?" The brown haired girl exclaimed. Clary's face lit up. "Rebecca!" She said, and hugged the girl. Rebecca Hughes her back, joy categorically showing on her face.
    Once the two girls were done hugging, Clary introduced the other girl. "This is Rebecca Lewis, Simon's sister." She stated. Alec gave a short nod, Magnus waved, and Jace gave a weak smile. Clary broke the silence. "Well, it was great seeing you! I think we should get to the checkout, we have two bags of candles Magnus and Jace want to buy." Clary said. Rebecca nodded and continued her shopping in the Candle Outlet. The other four walked up to the checkout. The cashier looked at the group of four in astonishment. Jace's golden eyes looked concentrated on the ground. And then he looked up. "Sunil, is it?" He asked. The cashier nodded, looking even more shocked. "Jace Herondale. Alec Lightwood. Magnus Bane. Clary Fairchild." Sunil said. Magnus smiled his ever so charming smile, and put his two bags of candles on the counter.
       Sunil scanned the candles and gave them a price. "179.53 dollars?" Magnus repeated, and then leaned into Alec's ear and whispered "We can afford that, right?". Alec nodded and took 6 dollar bills out of his wallet. One of them was a hundred, the rest twenties. Sunil put the change in the cash register. "Keep the change." Alec insisted. Sunil nodded, and the three shadowhunters and the warlock continued their shopping adventure.

( would anyone be interested in an extended mall adventure chapter? I could probably write more about their shopping adventures [featuring Clary's HotTopic obsession, which I can relate.] )

Fire for Blood • A Shadowhunters Fanfiction जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें