Chapter 13

Isaac and Stiles were sitting in Isaac's room. "You know you can move in with me right? You don't have to live in a hotel" Stiles offered.

"I know. But I prefer to stay here. It's only for a while anyway."

"You are planning on going back? I thought you came back for good." Stiles asked a little sad. He had developed a strong friendship with Isaac over time.

"I came here because of Allison. After her... I don't think I would be able to live here." Isaac looked down sadly.

It looks like you have already guessed what decision I would make."

"It's not like have many options, Stiles."

"Well then you guessed it wrong," Stiles smiled at him. "We are going to save her." Isaac looked up. Stiles could see hope lingering in his eyes.

"But how? How are we going to save her?" Isaac asked. "I told you the witch said there is no way to save her,"

"There is always a way. We will find one." Stiles said. "I saw it today. The old Allison"

"today? Old Allison?"

"Yes, When I was in the hospital. She came to...." Stiles took a deep breath. "Well, Argent came when were talking. I saw the look on her face when she was looking at her father. She had the same look of love she had when she was our Allison."

"Where are you going to look for answers?" Isaac asked after a long Silence, progressing the information.

"I'll start with Deaton. But he is missing right now." Stiles replied and they both sat there in silence.

"Why?" Isaac asked. Stiles looked at him confused. "Why are you saving her? She is trying to kill you... If I were in your place. I don't think I could make such a decision."

Stiles stayed quiet for a minute. "You know that night when Theo told me where to find my father? It was not the only conversation we had. That night he told me why he came to Beacon hills. He came for a pack. He said came for the beta with anger issues. He came for dark kitsune. He came for a wild coyote. He came for the banshee who is surrounded by death. His Pack did not include Scott that's why he tried to kill him. He said he came for void stiles." Isaac squeezed his shoulder. "You know when Scott got bit by peter? He thought the bite was a curse. He thought he was a monster for having superpowers and the urge to kill. I am the only human in the pack but ironically I am the one with the most blood on my hand... I am the real monster here. " He stopped and looked at Isaac. "When I was talking to my dad today he said to feel a little okay, I have to make something of a counterbalance. like instead of taking a life I save one. and so I decided to save her."

                                     *****

"There's another way in Okay." Stiles said as he and Scott walked into the crime scene where the deputy was killed by the beast of Gevaudan. "You see that?" He said pointing at the crime scene.

"I see blood." Scott replied.

"Look where it leads to." Stiles suggested. They followed its trails and it lead them to an underground tunnel. They searched it to see where the beast came from. There they found something written on the ground.

"What is that?" Scott asked.

"It looks like Latin." Stiles replied trying to read.

"Hold up that light. I'm gonna get a picture of it." Scott instructed. He took out his phone to take pictures but the light was not stable. he couldn't get all the words in the picture properly. "Stiles, hold the light still," Scott said but the light turned off. Scott looked back to see Stiles and found him on the ground, paralyzed, with Kanima venom. Theo's pack was there. A fight started, all of them against Scott but they still couldn't defeat him.

"Okay! Maybe they're not ready to take on an Alpha." Theo admitted. "Especially one that can smell fear." He said to Cory.

"He's got fangs." Cory defended.

"What did you do?" Scott asked.

"I found some new friends. I don't take rejection well." Theo said. He looked at the writing that they found and stepped on it hard making the concrete crack which made it unable to read the words. "You're going to leave here thinking that you need to worry about me. But you're wrong. We're actually back on the same side. Because that thing That's what we need to worry about. Your pack and mine. We're gonna go back to school and pretend like we're normal teenagers, but at night, we're going to be fighting for our lives."

"What is it?" Stiles asked referring to the beast.

"It's not a Chimera." Theo informed.

"But it's just a kid underneath." Scott said. "Someone like us."

"Not anymore."

                                      *****

"He knew what it meant and I can't remember the words." Scott said after he helped Stiles sit up against the wall.

"'Damnatio Memoriae.' It means the condemnation of memory. I think it also means that whatever the Dread Doctors created, whatever this last Chimera really is, it's not something new. It's something old. Really old." Stiles replied.

"So they didn't create a new creature."

"They resurrected one."

Scott drew a small circle with his finger on the floor. "We need help. If Theo's got his own pack now then we need ours. We have to get the others back." Scott said.

"The others? You mean Kira who's currently battling a homicidal fox spirit inside of her, Malia who isn't even speaking to either one of us, Lydia who's stuck in Eichen House, and Liam who almost killed you?" Stiles asked.

"Also known as our best friends."

"Okay, how?"

"One by one."

"You're not seriously going to make me do it?" Stiles said as he saw Scott was waiting for him

"You're part of the pack, right?"

"Okay," Stiles said and drew a bigger circle around the one Scott drew, completing their pack symbol. Scott then helped Stiles up and they walked out of the tunnels.

"We need to find Kira."

"I still hate that tattoo."

"I know."

                                      *****