one

I don't remember much before being found.

   I remember yelling and shouting.  Loud bangs.  But nothing other than that. 

   Oh, I remember stumbling in the forest.  I remember getting hungry.  I also remember my head hurting. 

   I start to fully remember things when they found me.  The Border Tribe.

   I think I was somewhere I wasn't supposed to be, because the one that found me looked worried.  He even ordered his friends to search the forest while he took me to the palace.

   I remember the ride to the palace, it was amazing.  This big ship I've never seen before zooming over the hills and then suddenly, boom, a big ginormous city appears in front of my eyes. 

   Before I knew it, I was surrounded by doctors, checking me over for injuries.  I was fed delicious foods I've never had before.  And then I was brought before a King.

   He looked concerned as he watches me with his dark eyes.  Next to him sits a pretty woman holding a little wiggling thing.  Behind her stands a kid a couple of years older than me.  I give him a small wave, before glancing around at my new surroundings.  It's then that I noticed, every single one of them has dark skin.  No one here is like me. 

   "Kwakukho omnye umntu?"  The King asks the guard standing next to me.  I look between them.  What did he say?

   "Akukho mntu, uKumkani wam."  The guard responded.  And I thought I talked gibberish. 

   "T'Chaka, yena kunjalo ncinane."  The pretty woman next to the King says.  She must be the Queen.  "Akakwazi ukuba mdala kunamathathu."

   The King gives off a soft grunt and a slight nod of his head.  He leans forward and tries to make eye contact with me.  "Hello, little one."  He says in accented English.  "Can you tell us your name?"

   I think for a little bit.  What is my name?

   "Can you remember anything from before you were found?"  He asks me another question.  I shake my head. 

   "Ugqirha wathetha unayo ngxubusho."  The Queen says as she bounces the wiggly thing.  It's a baby!  I stumble forward and try to get a look at it.  I completely miss the part where the guard calls out for me to stop.  I just want to see the baby. 

   The King raises his hand, signaling that it is okay. 

   The baby is tiny with a scrunched-up face and dark skin.  A dark tuff of hair peeks out from underneath the brightly colored blanket it's wrapped in.  "Baby!"  I squeal happily.  The baby watches me with round dark eyes.

   "T'Chaka, andiyithandi loo nto waye eyedwa.  Asikwazi kwamkela wakhe?"  The Queen says glancing between me and the King.  She tilts the baby forward a little bit, allowing me to see it fully.

   "Simele silinde, ndithandwa.  Kufuneka abe nentsapho kwindawo ethile."  The King responds.  He leans forward and watches me as I poke my finger at the tiny baby's hand.  "Kodwa ngexesha, unakho hlala kwi iindawo zokuhlala kunye Shuri."

   The Queen glances down at me, watching as I giggle at the funny baby.  "Her name is Shuri."  She tells me.  She strokes a hand through my tangled mess of hair.  "And this is T'Challa."  She says as she wraps her arm around the boy, pulling him forward.  He gives me a small nod. 

   "Could I give you a name?  So, we will have something to call you."  The Queen asks.  I nod my head enthusiastically, still watching the baby as she takes my finger and jingles my hand around. 

   "How about Kidara?" I nod my head again. "Kidara it is."