Deleted Scenes

The following are chapters and scenes that didn't go with the flow of the story, but I didn't have the heart to erase them from existence.

So, I decided to add them to the end as Deleted Scenes.

Just to treat you, the readers!!

Enjoy!

🐺

I giggle as Divya runs her fingers through my hair, almost finished with her intricate braid. Foreign music plays in the background as we sit on my bed in my chambers. Different types of candies and snacks are scattered around us.

"Did that really happen?" She questions as she pulls another strand through the braid.

"Yes," I gasp as I try to peek at her from over my shoulder.

Divya is one of my closest friends. We have been together since we were twelve, meeting at training. She was the only one who didn't care that I was white (besides Shuri). Ever since we have been inseparable, our friendship only rivaled by my friendship with Shuri.

Divya finishes off my braid before popping a candy into her mouth. She shakes her head as she chews on the sweet treat. "I do not believe you."

I turn to face her, running my fingers over the braid. "It's true." Divya gives me a look before shaking her head. "Whatever," I sigh with a wave of my hand. I cross my legs as I stare her down. "Are you excited?"

"Yes!" Divya squeals as she bounces on my mattress. "I cannot believe I get to help with this outreach. Even if it is just extra security. I am so excited!"

"Your first official mission as a War Dog."

"I know!" She squeals again before burying her face in her hands, her black curls framing her face. "I cannot believe this is actually happening." She murmurs from behind her hands.

"I wish I could go," I mutter with a sigh.

"You will get to leave Wakanda someday," Divya sympathizes as she leans back on her hands.

I shake my head. "No, I will not. Outside the borders of Wakanda, I do not exist."

"That's right," she sighs as she scrunches up her nose. "Then, I will get you lots of souvenirs from Lagos."

"You better," I snicker before scrunching my nose, cocking my head to the side as I listen to the music surrounding us. "What are we listening to?"

Divya shrugs her shoulders before swaying along to the unusual beat. "I do not know, I kind of like it."

"It's annoying," I scuff as I pop a candy into my mouth. "Why are we listening to outsider music?"

Divya hops off the bed, continuing to sway to the music. I laugh at her as she dances around my chambers, her black curls bouncing around. "I am training myself for when I am assigned to America. I already have my accent down."

"Show me, let me hear it."

"Okay," Divya says as she gets into character. Clearing her throat, she speaks. "Hi, my name's Delilah Smith. It's nice to meet you. I'm sorry to trouble you, but could you please tell me where I can find the main office. Thank you so much." Divya recites in a perfect American accent.

"That was amazing," I gasp as I clap my hands.

Divya gives a great bow before blowing kisses to her nonexistent audience. "Thank you, you are too kind."