Chapter 5: Unexpected Meeting

A/N: To clarify things, everything would be in third person unless it is mentioned in the first part.

************************************

Naruto had always been alone for as long as he can remember.

Sure, Jiji visits him in his apartment at least once a month, and Teuchi-san and Ayame-chan would give him free ramen sometimes, but didn't have anyone to consider as a true friend. His classmates in the academy don't count: they were merely acquaintances. But Naruto sure wished he had one. The only problem is, nobody wants to be his friend, much less get close to him.

He didn't mind it that much. But that doesn't mean it doesn't hurt. Whenever a villager sneers or glares at him, he'd feel something gnawing at his chest. However, he'd still smile that goofy smile of his as if nothing was bothering him.

But today's special. It was his seventh birthday. That means the looks the villagers gave him would be more intense and hurtful, but it also meant he was getting closer to being a true shinobi, then the Hokage. He couldn't wait for his dream to come true.

Smiling brightly, the blonde strode along the street, finally reaching his destination: Ichiraku Ramen. After greeting Teuchi-san and Ayame-chan, he was given a larger than normal bowl of miso pork ramen and an "It's all on the house" from Teuchi-san, he was confused.

"Eh, Teuchi-jiji, you didn't have to-" Naruto was cut short by said man.

"Don't worry about it, Naruto. It's your birthday today, isn't it? Consider this as my present to you."

Seeing no point in arguing, Naruto merely grinned before shouting an enthusiastic "Itadakimasu" and gobbling up his food. As the sun dipped down the horizon, he shouted a loud thank-you behind his shoulder before going on his merry way. The boy didn't instantly go back to his apartment, rather he just strolled around the village with no set destination in mind.

Reaching the park in the other side of the village, he didn't realize how late it was until he saw his surroundings grow dim. Looking around, his eyes grew wide.

"It's already nighttime, dattebayo?!" He immediately turn around and ran as fast as he can. He didn't want to be locked out of his apartment again like last time. He didn't understand the strict time regime his landowner was implementing but he wasn't about to question it. He chanced to look up fearfully, only to smile brightly at the shooting star that had suddenly shown up. He quickly made a wish: To be Hokage.

His eyes closed as he made his wish, he didn't notice the other person in front of him until he collided head-first with the other. He vaguely heard a yelp coming from the other person as he gave his own pained yell when he stumbled.

A few moments later, he finally regained his bearings as the world turned steady once more. That collision hurt a lot as he blinked rapidly, barely registering the annoyed groan under him, waiting for his headache to go away. His ignorance proved regretfull when he was suddenly facing the ground, earning another bruise or two on his person. Groaning, he shifted so that he was lying on his shoulder as he sat up a bit. Hearing the annoyed growl above him, he looked up.

Blue met purple as he stared at the kid in front of him, who had a scowl on his face as he stared right back. He had snow-white hair that covered his left eye and a vivid shade of purple for his eye color. He seemed to be dressed smarter than Naruto as well, even if he looked like he was in pajamas.

"So, you just gonna sit there and stare at me like I'm a god or what?"

Naruto blinked before turning away, blushing in embarrassment at the statement. He didn't realize he was staring so long. He didn't see it until he heard him clearing his throat. He looked up at the offered hand in front of him then back at the boy.