Chapter 15- "Self Flattery Is My Job."

Chapter 15-"Self Flattery Is My Job

Chapter 15-"Self Flattery Is My Job."

I yelled at her. I really yelled at her. She was just trying to help wasn't she? But on the other hand, she shouldn't have prodded me so much. Thinking of hurtful memories is one thing. Saying them out loud, is a whole new level of torture.

But she couldn't possibly understand that. She looks like someone who would never fall in love. She's too focused and I can see that. Maybe that was why it was difficult for her to understand my outburst.

Should I go back and say sorry? But will it work? I just humiliated her in front of the whole crew. If someone had done that to me, I would have been furious. Maybe she is raging as well. But what if she puts me down? What if she does not accept it? What if I make things worse? If I let her go, maybe she'll cool down but a s-

My mind raced with shame and guilt, when suddenly I heard a female crew member talking on the phone.

"But of course," she said, "life is full of maybe's and what if's but you have to try. Never let the opportunity slip by. You maybe scared that things may not work out the way you want them to but at least you can say 'I tried'. So go, what are you waiting for?"

My eyes snapped wide open. She was right. Never let opportunities slip by. Of course I had to go. I had to say sorry. I was wrong. She was just helping and I shouldn't have snubbed her.

I screamed, "Thank you!" and the woman turned around. She looked at me, puzzled as I smiled and raced out of the set. I went towards the vanity vans but hers was locked. I checked the refreshments corner but she wasn't there either. Then a thought struck me.

The parking lot.

I decided against taking the elevator and legged it down the stairs. I was in the nick of time as I saw Mira getting in her car, flanked by the paparazzi.

Ignoring the irritating buzz of the reporters, I called out, "Mira!"

The buzzing stopped, as the reporters turned to look at me. An uncomfortable silence descended upon the area. She turned back, surprised. She kept on looking at me, mouth agape. I started walking towards her. When I was a foot away, she furrowed her eyebrows, a clear indication that she did not want to talk to me.

But I was going to try and was not backing down without apologising to her.

"Listen-" I began when she raised her hand to stop me.

"If you are here to yell at me once again, be my guest." She said sarcastically. The reporters perked up, like hungry dogs, on the word 'yell'.

"I am not here to yell at you. Can we have a moment please?" I said, looking at the cameras, all zoomed in on our faces. But obviously, no one paid heed.

Bollywood didn't grant us one thing. Privacy.

"See, I know what I did was wrong and I shouldn't have done it. But you know, stuff like that shouldn't be squeezed out. When I'll be comfortable enough, I'll share. But till then, force won't work." I said, walking towards her.