Chapter 17- "I'll Get Us Out, I Promise."

Friendship.

Of course. That's what I feel! It explains everything. From the point I hated her to now, when I am showing her my recluse. I don't let a lot of people see this side of me. And when I showed her myself, the real me, I was afraid.

Afraid that I was getting too close.

Afraid that I was trusting someone.

Afraid that it was too soon.

Afraid that I maybe I was feeling something I shouldn't feel.

But now those doubts no longer clouded my head. My head finally felt clear, devoid of doubts. I had, at long last, figured myself out. I now knew that it was friendship, a strong one, that would last.

It had been years since I had pulled down the goddamn barriers and made an attempt at friendship. And the result was, so far, great. Gaurav was one of my childhood friends and our friendship had lasted all these years, unbroken.

But Mira, well she was just different. She made me feel more like myself. She brought out the softer side of me, one that is rarely accessible. I knew I could tell her anything and she won't judge. If that isn't friendship, then what is?

I could feel her eyeing me. I blinked my eyes and focused them on her. Her small, soft-heart face suddenly became much smaller. Her brows knitted together in concentration. Her eyes squinted as if trying to grasp something which was trying to elude her.

Seeing her, my own curiosity rose. I raised my eyebrows at her. I was about to ask her about the sudden change when she waved her hand frantically, gesturing me to duck my head.

"What?" I whispered.

"Where's the back door?" She said, urgency at the tip of her tongue.

"Mira, this is a lighthouse. Not a freaking New York bungalow." My lips curled up into a smile.

She looked at me skeptically. "Are you really telling me that? You think I'm kidding here? The Raghav Kapoor does not have an emergency exit?"

"But-"

"Do you want this place to remain a secret or not?"

"Obviously! Why?"

"We need to leave. Now!"

"What?"

"Raghav!" She snapped.

"Alright. Come on." I got up from my place on the rug. The moment my head was up, she smacked me down.

"Stay low."

"Okay?" I said, confusion growing by each passing second. I ducked under the fairy lights and went near the back wall of the lighthouse.

I shut down the main power connection. Darkness cloaked us. I took out my phone and switched on the torch. I shone it on the wall, and traced my fingers over the false stone which formed a panel.