Οκτω

"You drew this?" Taehyung says in almost a whisper, voice trailing behind his thoughts. Comprehending the art work below him, he forced his gaze to Jeongguk, who was blushing out of embarrassment.

"Yeah," he mumbles, fiddling with the hem of his sweatpants. "I have a lot of free time—"

"Do you think that," taehyung pauses to look down at the charcoal tiger, the image sticking to taehyungs memory like glue— "you could maybe.. make this a tat?"

Jeongguk looked to taehyung, raising a brow. "Thought you didn't want a tattoo?" He saw taehyung fumble with the page. "I mean I could— it would just take awhile. Pain tolerance has to be high."

Taehyung scrunches his nose in disappointment, gripping the corner of the page and slowly flipping it. The page turn revealed soft sketches of the ocean. "Your sketches are even beautiful." He comments, earning a hum from the other.

Jeongguk was nervous— he didnt know why. He felt like he had to keep on impressing taehyung— but the most recent things in his sketch book were rather personal. he also knew that this could be his chance to further get to know the other. He could feel his hunger slowly growing.

"How about we pause for a snack?"

Taehyung looks up from the book. "I'm alright. I want to continue looking, if that's okay."

A moment of silence was endured, taehyung continuing to mesmerize himself by flipping through the pages. His fingers danced over charcoal and graphite, grazing water color, until he was towards the middle of the book— he could feel that Jeongguk was tense. He looked up at the other— he had his attention on the TV. flipping the blackened page, it revealed a woman sitting on a plum colored duvet, hair tied up into a bun and posture shallow. She seemed uncomfortable— but very pretty. The details were mesmerizing and intricate. Attention seemed to be focusing on the purple littering her neck and sofa. No other color was present.

"Jeongguk," taehyung whispers, "who is she?"

Damn it, Jeongguk thinks, hands gripping onto his sweats.

"Like I said before, let's get a snack."

Sitting at jeongguks island, the two shared silence as they ate away at some instant noodles. Taehyungs mind was focused on the image of the bruised woman, while jeongguks mind was focused on taehyung.

Taehyung almost felt guilty— guilty for looking through the book even though he could tell the other was uncomfortable. also felt bad for mentioning the drawing. Jeongguks reaction intrigued taehyung— who was she? Why was Jeongguk so defensive?

"I'm sorry for.." taehyung began, fork clinking the side of the bowl. "..invading your privacy. Was the last thing I intended to do."

Jeongguk looked over to taehyung, then down to their knees. They were sitting close— legs practically touching. Jeongguk felt his chest tighten and his toes flex— "S'no big deal. None of your business as well."

Again, silence.

"When the day comes I'll tell you."

Taehyung felt the room lighten a bit— he could breathe. "Okay," he let out a breath he had unintentionally held onto. He turned his head to look at Jeongguk, the other doing the same. Locking eyes— taehyung felt his heart begin to increase in speed, felt goosebumps travel up his arms and legs. Jeongguks eyes were low and his cheeks were dusted with a light shade of blood. He let his eyes wander over the other— reminding himself of why he intended on using taehyung. Taehyungs neck began to burn at the feeling of being eye fucked— his stomach churned and he could feel his cheeks begin to boil. Taehyung parted his lips and looked down to his bowl, embarrassed beyond his wits.

The air was again tense and both were experiencing emotions that were fairly similar— but different intentions in mind. Taehyung was feeling butterflies, possibly even a 'crush' start to form. Jeongguk wanted taehyung for food and possibly a good fuck— or so he thought. Jeongguks emotions were all over the place. deep down, familiar, and awkward, feelings were beginning to rise.

Jeongguk found himself scooting his stool closer to taehyung and allowing their knees to touch, their hearts to race. He felt his heart beating in his throat— he wanted something to happen. He wanted taehyung to react.

Taehyung eased and eyes traveled down to their legs— his lips shut once more.

Jeongguk spoke up. "There's.... something you need to know."

Taehyung's eyes wandered and up jeongguks torso and back onto his eyes— his tongue placed on the roof of his mouth. He nodded, questions and answers flooding into his mind.

"Fuck—" Jeongguk breathed, running a hand through his lightly curled locks. "If we are going to be friendly with each other, like, neighbors," he paused, noticing the concern in taehyungs expression. His gut wrenched and he felt his fear wash away his sudden burst of confidence.

He needed to come up with a lie—

"I'm meeting hoseok by the pier for dinner tonight. 'Was wondering if you wanted to come."

Taehyungs lips parted and his stomach dropped. He felt disappointed in a way. But what was he expecting? A sonnet about how jeongguks love burst for him at first sight? A confession about the stair incident?

"Um," he pauses, "Okay? I'll join, if that makes you happy."

I'm having writers block way too early on wtf— sorry for such a short chapter. I have to split it into two :)

Where do you think their relationship is going??