❀1❀

Ever since the year 1993, the citizens of Gwangju have appeared sad, and numb to other emotions. The rest of the world questions why. The government of South Korea has decided to keep it a secret. All of the citizens, however, know why. One of the top science labs were doing a very dangerous experiment. The experiment consisted of a virus that drained the happiness out of people. The experiment got out of hand, and it spread like a wildfire in Gwangju. All airports were closed down. No Gwangju citizen was able to leave. No other citizen from any country was able to enter. The South Korean Government was fine with this. They knew the virus was contagious and didn't want any other human from anywhere in the world to go through what Gwangju was going through. 

In 1994, a mother went into labor

In 1994, a mother went into labor. A few hours later, a baby was born. When everyone in the room heard the first thing the baby did, they heard him laugh. No other baby, child, adult, or elder, ever laughed ever since the year before. The parents and doctors had no idea what to do. The doctors called the government and told them about the baby. The government responded with either let the parents keep him or send him to a mental institute. The parents didn't want the baby to go through what they were going through. They decided on sending the baby to a mental institute. 

The nurses there thought about a name for the baby. They named him Jung Hoseok. They all agreed to be the baby's parental guardians. The government told them to not document the baby's birth. They didn't want the public to know about the baby, especially if the baby contained other emotions. What the baby didn't know was that this would be his forever home, he would never see the outside world, he would be trapped inside a mental institute having all sorts of tests run on him for the rest of his life. His name is Jung Hoseok, and he would be known as Patient 7.

 His name is Jung Hoseok, and he would be known as Patient 7