❀6❀

"It's normal for people, who don't have emotions, have their heart quicken..?"

I paused midway putting my lab coat on. I dropped my arms to my side. I sighed, looking down. I took a deep breath in and ran one hand through my hair. I took my clipboard and placed my pen in the top pocket of my coat. I go over to him and take the heart rate monitors off of him.

"I'm going to tell your specialist to take the machine away, for now, put on your clothes and meet me in the hallway."

"But why? What's going on?"

"Just do as I tell you." I looked at him straight in the eyes.

It was like I was towering over him. He shuffled shyly and quietly to his clothes on the table and start putting them on. I walked out the door and waited and boy did I wait. This kid took so long just to put two layers of clothing on. He peeked out the hallway and blinked and he saw me.

"What?"

"You actually waited for me.." He stood up straight and smiled brightly.

" He stood up straight and smiled brightly

I looked at him. I stared at him and actually took a good look at his features. He had dark brown hair and dark brown eyes. His smile makes you forget that you don't have emotions.

I shook my head and nudged my head as a signal for him to follow me. Luckily, he understood and followed me as I made my way to the cafe for patients. I kept looking back to see how he was doing and he was following me alright, but he was looking down. I unexpectantly stopped in my tracks and he bumped into me.

"Sorry.."

"What's wrong?" I turned around, looking up at him.

He backs away, uncomfortable with how little space was between us.

"Are you bringing me to the panic room..?"

"That Ol' Dark Room? No."

He almost immediately smiled.

"Now, cmon." I started walking again. He followed.

He opened the door and I blinked

He opened the door and I blinked. It was filled with other people. I tilted my head and then looked at him.

"It's the cafe."