13

alright, so i'm still not sure what all this copyright issues mean but don't worry i won't delete my story, especially because i received a lot of comments from you guys! <3 I'm not sure how much of her statement applies to fanfiction but i'm gonna continue this as tin/can until further notice bc i hate the idea of changing the names to real people names idek??? and it makes more sense as tincan! if the issue becomes bigger than i'll change the names and continue the story that way.

                  _____________
        Can was really bad with remembering birthdays and really anything else. Except his eyes had once noticed a birthdate on Tin's license and he hadn't forgotten since. It was today.

       He also remembered how Tin had mentioned he hadn't had street food in so long. He remembered every word and detail of what he had learned about Tin for the time he had gotten to know him, yet he couldn't remember his own best friends phone numbers.

      He came to a realization of how much of his attention had been turned only on Tin, it worried him. Tin had indeed become his top priority. He was the person he thought about when he woke up and the last person when he went to sleep.

It might seem normal, since he was his bodyguard and needed to have his attention on him at all times, but it was much beyond that. He worried if Tin had ate enough, slept enough, if he was feeling sad, if he was able to get through his day. It felt strange.

     He saw him sitting in his office chair typing on his computer. Tin was always a focused person when it came to his work. Can wasn't sure why he took it all so serious because it didn't seem like he wanted to live this kind of life.

He set the box down on Tin's desk and waited impatiently for a reaction. Tin looked at the box then back at Can confused. "What is this?"

Can eagerly grabbed the box and shoved it towards Tin's hands, hoping he'd just grab it and open it which he finally did.

"Happy birthday," he made a dramatic hand motion but then his expression turned to worry as he noticed Tin hadn't moved. He was just staring at him, an expression Can wasn't able to pinpoint but he appeared almost sad happy.

That expression someone has when their lips hold no emotion, just a straight line, but the eyes reveal all.

"I know it's not much, but what do you get someone who is rich and has everything?" he laughed awkwardly and wiped the sweat from his hands on his pants.

It wasn't much, just a simple planer with a nice black leather casing. He had noticed Tin was a super organized guy who seemed to follow a similar routine everyday. His already owned planer seemed to be falling apart, filled with tears and barely anymore space.

Tin's eyes were filling with wetness, a tear fighting to slip down as he opened the book to find a blue sticky note inside. It read: "Please try to smile more, you're much more handsome when you do."

Can began almost panicking when he noticed Tin was nearly about to cry. "Do you not like it? I'm sorry, I didn't know wh-"

"-No I do. I like it," he wiped his eyes and looked up at Can again, revealing a smile. Can smiled back happily, feeling so glad to see that smile again.

"I don't know how you even know my birthday but thank you. No one else even bothered to remember."

Can's heart ached. His family was always the kind to throw him a birthday surprise and make his birthdays into such big deals. He couldn't even imagine how it'd be like to have a family who didn't even bother doing as much as saying the words happy birthday.