14

____________

        Can felt like he was violating someone's privacy, even though the information was clearly out for the world to see simply by typing the name 'Tin Medthanan' online. 

      Surely, many articles and information showed up for the name on his laptop screen. He had remembered Type's words and wanted to see for himself about all these rumors, but he was also feeling disappointed in himself for having any doubts about Tin's character. 

       The name Tin Medthanan and the word "scandal" appeared multiple times but he quickly shut his laptop's case and sighed. He didn't want to read them, he didn't want to see Tin differently even when he knew most of it was probably false. Truthfully, nothing he would read could ever make him see Tin in a different way especially because he seemed to be a good person and if he did anything, he probably had valid reasons. 

      "Can, you dropped out of school yet you hang around campus like you're a student," Ae familiar voice came behind him along with a hand patting his shoulder. "All you're missing is the uniform, and you fit right in."

      "What can I say? I guess I missed my bro," he made a kissy face in Ae's direction which Ae quickly rejected with a hand waving across Can's face, nearly slapping him.

       Pete came over not even a few minutes later and Ae's roughness turned all soft and he was smiling like a little child, Can rolled his eyes and pretended to gag.

      He nearly choked though, when Pete leaned down against Ae's outstretched hand on his chin and connected his lips with his.

     Can's literal screeching scream however separated them so fast. "Wait a damn second! When did this happen? Are you guys finally dating?" he squealed.

     "No we just kiss for fun occasionally," Ae's comment made Can pause and scratch his neck. Pete was quick to giggle and reassure him they were in fact dating.

     "It sure took you a long ass time," he rolled his eyes but couldn't help but smile. 

        "And you? Have you met anyone special?" Ae's question had him frowning. Can was someone to not care for relationships when it involved himself but became very happy when hearing about his friends' love lives. 

      "Love is for people who deserve it," he said, regretting it right away after realizing how depressing it sounded. "I don't need no one, I'm happy just being by myself." 

    Pete came over and sat next to him, a slight worry in his expression, "Everyone deserves love, especially someone as great as you Can." 

    That was sweet and it did have Can's insides feeling warm and maybe Pete was right, but he doubted anyone could ever love someone like him if they knew what type of person he really was. The things he had done; he was bad and dangerous and no one deserved to have to deal with such a fucked up person as himself. He would never put himself in someone's life because they shouldn't have to deal with such a huge burden. 

     "I'll go grab us some drinks," Ae said leaving Pete and Can alone. 

      "Is everything okay with you Can?" Pete seemed worried, his hand resting on Can's shoulder as a slight way of any kind of comfort, Can appreciated it but he wasn't one to talk about himself or open up to anyone no matter how sweet they were. 

     "I'm fine," he lied. 

     "Did something happen with Tin? Did he say something to upset you?" Pete asked anxiously, "He can be quite harsh sometimes but I promise he's not a bad person he just has a lot going -"