15

______________

"Can, how can an IT specialist job cause you to pass out? Are you sure you're okay?" he didn't blame his mother for asking such a question over and over again as he lay in his bed at home. The hospital had let him out after only one night which he was thankful for. He hated those places, even the smell alone made him nauseous.

"Mom, I just haven't been sleeping that's all and I will try to from now on," he held her hand which was caressing his face in worry, "I'm sorry for scaring you, I promise I am okay."

That seemed to place some type of reassurance on her as she nodded and gave him a kiss on his temple before closing the light and door behind her. He stared at his ceiling and sighed.

Images of that night kept playing back in his mind over and over again. His father's loud tone of yelling echoing in his brain as if he was right in the room at that moment. The ding of his phone seemed to go off at the right time, finally helping him to escape such thoughts.

Tin.

Are you okay? Your sister messaged me to say you'd have to skip work because you were in the hospital?

Unbelievable. His sister had really taken Tin's number from his phone.

Yeah sorry about that. I'm okay now.

He couldn't fully blame Ley, she had done him a huge favor after all. Letting Tin know that he wouldn't make it to work meant he avoided letting him down once again. He'd have to remember to thank her later. His phone dung again.

Did something happen?

Nothing serious, don't worry.

Are you sure?

Can sighed.

Yes. I'm going to sleep now.

Goodnight.

He was so glad Tin didn't continue questioning any further. The bottle of sleeping pills rested at his bed side table. He didn't lie about having trouble sleeping so it would not hurt to take one. Like he imagined, it worked as he woke up the next morning feeling a bit better.

"Are you really heading back to work so soon?" his mom sounded concerned once again but he just smiled and gave her a hug letting her know he was fine. "I'd rather be wasting time working instead of lounging lazily in bed all day."

"Fine, but if you ever feel lightheaded call me."

She closed her eyes tightly as the sound of his motorcycle started and faded away as he drove off. She hated that motorcycle, hated the danger of it all but she knew Can knew how to take care of himself and be careful.

"..."

"She is throwing a party and wants you to come. Says that she will not accept no for an answer."

Can peeked his head into Tin's office, that being the first thing he heard from Tin's speakerphone as he sat scanning some papers. He figured the "she" mentioned was Malee, the girl he met before.

"I will get back to you with an answer," with that he hung up and smiled up at Can who smiled back right away.

   Tin's smile was rare but when he did smile, it was somewhat contagious. He appeared almost baby like, his eyes turning into crescents as the corner of his lips lifted.

"Shouldn't you be at home resting?"

Can just lightly laughed and shook his head. "And miss the opportunity of spending my time with you? No way."