Chapter 13: A New Beginning

✧✦✧✦✧✦✧Rin's PoV✧✦✧✦✧✦✧

It was such a nice day. My mother is preparing our breakfast, my father is getting ready for work, I am ready to go to school, my friends are texting me about my crush, and my crush does not know I was about to confess.

As I went to school, I brought a gift and inside of it is made up of puzzles with a word of my confession, once it is solved.

My friends then bumped me, "Are you really gonna confess now??"

I replied, "Yes, and it's here in this puzzle. Just don't try to make it obvious, so that he won't notice anything else." I smiled as I said that.

My friends are Ryoko, Mitsuha, and Ai.

Ryoko is the joyful one among us, but also the most fearless. She loves to dance and recites to class, actively. My teachers loved her for her joyous aura. What makes her fearless, is that whenever someone is picking up a fight with us? She'll be the first one to confront them.

Mitsuha is somewhat neutral, but also smart and kind. She met her boyfriend from a dream and when she saw him in real life, they began dating. Her boyfriend lives somewhere in far north. So basically, they had a long distance relationship. But lucky for them, they have already been dating for 4 years.

Ai is the most heartwarming person I ever met. She's kind, loving, and never a single time she started a fight. She is the best person among us and also talented, because she sings gracefully.

I on the other hand, Asuga Rin, slightly kind, mostly neutral, but always tragic in love.

I always believed in love ever since I was young. I thought that my love with my family would be the same with loving a guy. I guess I was wrong... But I never gave up! I even taught myself that not all guys are the same.

Hiro would probably be my last crush. If he did not like me back, then my perception with men would probably change, and that maybe myself would change too...

All this day in the class, I kept looking at Hiro in different angle and different ways. I was thinking when and how will I show the puzzle to him. But most importantly, how can I speak or how will I speak once he knew my confession through the puzzle?

My heart is beating so fast every second, every minute as if I'm feeling nervous, when suddenly, the bell of lunch break, rang.

As everyone stood up to say goodbye to the teacher, I quickly walked to Hiro and asked him, "Hi! Hey, Hiro. Wanna play puzzle with me during this lunch?"

Hiro was startled, but he smiled, "Su-Sure. I mean, I'm not going to the cafeteria today since I brought a lunch box."

I smiled as if I'm speechless, I almost smiled like a creepy, awkward girl.

As we eat our lunch, Hiro was trying to solve the puzzle. I on the other hand, assists him. My friends are giggling from behind, but I am signalling them through my eyes to keep quiet and to stay back.

I don't want anyone else to distract us, so I also signal my friends that if anyone tried to come and disturb us, they will block whoever that is and just tell them to move along.

I smiled at my greatest. Watching Hiro solves the puzzle is like watching a romantic TV series in slow motion.

Hiro's eyebrows began to furrow and says, "There's a message written, I'm curious to what it says..."

"Here. Let me help you solve it even further." I put one jigsaw puzzle in its right place, and almost solved half of the puzzle.

He chuckled and asked, "Where did you get this puzzle, though? Do you already know what it says?"