Chapter 15: Unpredicted Outcome

The group is preparing for the night. Asuga Rin prepared all her keychain weapons, Ryu Akimoto prepares his gadgets and stuffs, Shiro focuses on regaining his strength through meditation, whilst Eiji and Toki somehow shopped to a nearby mall.

"So, what should we actually wear?" Eiji asked Toki.

"Keep it plain and simple."

Eiji gasped, "Boring... I mean, look at me. I already looked boring, don't I?"

Toki got annoyed by his girly behavior, "Ugh! It doesn't matter! Just go pick a nice and simple outfit already."

So, Eiji immediately picked a plain black t-shirt. He then showed it to Toki for approval, "How about this?"

"Hmm... Why not go pick a black jacket? It's just weird to see you in this t-shirt."

"Ok..."

Eiji then took a sweatshirt with a hood and showed it to Toki, after.

Toki smiled sarcastically, "Perfect! Now you'll look like a stalker."

Eiji flattened his eyes in frustration, "You're just messing with me..."

Toki rolled her eyes down, "Ugh, move it! Go buy it already... It's my turn to buy. I don't want to get caught by the hoarders here."

So, Eiji immediately heads to the counter.

Toki then looked for a cloth. However, after a few seconds, Toki headed back to the counter with Eiji.

Eiji's eyebrows began to furrow as he looked at Toki, "That was fast. What did you get?"

"Nothing... I guess I'll just keep these clothes. Besides, I've been through many battles with these clothes already. These are tough clothes, just so you know."

Eiji sighed, "Then I guess I'll be the only one with a new look..."

As soon as Eiji finishes his transaction, they left the mall with haste. They both looked around back and forth as they leave the mall, making sure no hoarders or spy animals are following them.

Before Toki and Eiji went shopping. Ryu Akimoto warned them to be suspicious of their surroundings, so that their plan will not be sabotaged. Toki and Eiji planned to buy some new clothes and they even invited Shiro. However, Shiro is still trying to regain strength, so that he can be of use in the upcoming battle, tonight.

Back at the apartment, Rin was watching Shiro meditate. She has a curious question in her mind, so she couldn't help but to ask, "How does that help you?"

Shiro continued to meditate as he reply, "I'm basically resting. That's all."

"I thought meditating is when you want to clear your mind."

"I did. The only way for me to rest is to clear my mind..."

Rin nodded, then all of a sudden, she remembered someone from her past, "Shiro, huh? You know, your name reminds me of him."

Shiro opened his eyes as he looked at Rin, curiously, "Who?"

Rin smiled faintly, "No one. Don't bother asking."

"I answered your question, might at least return the favor?"

Rin sighed, "Hiro... The last person I loved... Who was of course taken and killed by the hoarders."

"Sorry. I guess I just brought up a painful past."

Rin smiled, "Nope. He's the reason why I'm still standing and a reason why I fight the hoarders. So, you don't have to say sorry. If anything, I should be thanking you for letting me remind of him."