Chapter 18: Former Siblings

✧✦✧✦✧3rd person PoV✧✦✧✦✧✦✧

Her eyes grew widely as she saw her sister. She never knew that the time has come, for her sister to finally find her.

Toki stuttered as she asks, "Si-Sister? Wh-Why now?"

Akame smirked, "Let's just say, a master's call..."

She looked at Toki with fierce eyes for a second. Then, she immediately clashed blades with her.

Toki falls back. She puts herself in defense, because she always knew her sister is better than her.

Rin saw what was happening, so she immediately helped Toki. As she looked at Toki, she realized she's not on her fierce look, but rather, frightened look. She gnashed and immediately shoots a barrage of arrows at Toki's sister, making Akame to fall back.

Ryu and the hooded girl, continued to clash their blades, when suddenly, one of the hoarder ordered a retreat.

The hooded hoarder falls back and gnashed, "Tsk! Cowards..."

She immediately punched Ryu in the face and knocks him for a second.

Eijiro saw it and immediately reacted, "Ryu!"

He saw Ryu got knocked out. So, he immediately hurried to help him.

Akame saw Toki's frightened face and got annoyed. So, she threatened her with glaring eyes, "The next time we meet, you better not make that face. I'll kill you immediately if you do..."

Toki remained speechless and motionless, but Rin immediately held her hands and ran with her.

Akame and the rest of the hoarders left,  and the team did not suffer any major injuries. They survived for the night, but it is not over yet.

"They'll comeback with an army, or worse, more blood hoarders. I must pursue them now." Rin says.

Toki then tried to wake herself up and nodded at her.

Rin looked at Toki, "Don't follow me, it'll be dangerous."

Ryu woke up from getting knocked out and immediately replied, "Don't! It's obviously a trap!"

Rin halted and looked at Ryu, "What's the plan then?"

"They will come back tomorrow. And by tomorrow, they'll come back prepared and outnumbering us."

Rin raised an eyebrow, "I know that. I asked what's the plan?"

Ryu sighed, "We have no other choice, but to change location. Rin, I know you have several apartments. We should head there now while the hoarders are replanning."

Rin smirked, "So it is survival first, then?"

"We need to survive if we want the downfall of these hoarders. Otherwise, more innocent people will continue to have the same fate as we do. If we die, no one will help the people having trouble with these keychains anymore. So, it's either death or survive."

Rin sighed deeply, "Fine... Let's immediately go back and pack things up."

The team agreed, but Toki is still not in herself. She must've been shocked after seeing her sister again, for the first time.

As they head home, Rin asked Toki,
"So, who is that?"

Rin replies with a low voice, "My sister, Akame..."

"Suits her name well, she has red eyes. Tell me, why your sister is siding with the hoarders?"

"I had no idea... All I know is that she killed our parents..."