Can't You See

"Lucy I know" he said earnestly

"You what?" I questioned

How did he know?

Why wasn't he mad?

"Can't you see, why wouldn't she?" He said as he looked down at his feet in embarrassment

"I-I don't understand." I commented as my mind grew blank.

"Lucy you–" he cut himself off

He was trying too form a coherent sentence, but too the best of his abilities he couldn't. He still had a firm gasp on my wrist, he pulled my outside. The music had become muffled, and the lights calmed down. It was nice to get out of that room, it makes me feel so enclosed and small. Now I have room to breath, I can hear my own thoughts.

"Luce, I don't know how too say this..." he continued

-Natsu's POV

She tilted her head too the side "Say what?"

That I love you

I took her hand and looked out to the horizon. The moons glow cast a soft light on her, highlighting all of her features.

I'm Natsu, how does she make me forget everything. My past, is gone in an instant, it's just her in from of me.

She's got a way about her, I don't know what it is but I can't afford to live without her.

She makes me forget, all I think about it her. Somehow from the first time I looked at her, she caught me. And without even trying, grew closer too me.

Me, the guy whose intrepid, the bad boy, the heartthrob, I'm just a man. Like anyone else, I have feelings and emotions. No matter how hard I try to hide them, when it comes to you, Lucy, I lose all of my self control.

I summed up all of my courage, but I had to look away from her eyes. She would be so mad at me, I can't handle the dissatisfaction that I would see.

"Luc-lo-u" I blurted out far too quickly for her too be able to understand.

She giggled, her laugh was music too my ears. Her melodious voice that always had so much life in it spoke "What?"

I sighed as I brought myself too face her. "Lucy"

She hummed and gently squeezed my hand. I would never dream someone as beautiful and lovely as her would return any of my feelings in the slightest. But she deserved too know...

"I-I... Lucy please hear me out, because I know you are going to be mad as soon as I start talking."

She nodded and looked deep into my soul, her eyes laced with care and worry.

"Lucy, you are the best friend anyone could have. These past few month when I have been hanging out with you were the best few months of my life. I couldn't imagine a world without you, or your smile, or your laugh, your sassy personality" I trailed off in digression

"In the end, you are me best friend. I love you too the moon and back, and I would do everything again just to be with you."

"I thought the hardest thing I would have to do would be to say that I'm madly in love with you. But I think the hardest part is goodbye."

I knew she would despise me after that. That display of weakness it belittled me, no one would want someone weak. The hardest part was goodbye, I got up and was about to enter the party again.
To get drunk and dull the pain, but it never happened.

Lucy stood up and hugged me from behind. "N-Nastu"

She had tears steaming down her eyes, I was the one who caused them. "Lucy I'm so sorry, I-I"

She laughed, as the tears still leaked down. "Natsu, I love you too. But I could never bring myself too say it."

No

Oh no no no

This is bad

"Lucy! Why? Can't you see, I'm a bad person. You're too good for me, I don't want to cage you in a relationship you don't want." I said as tears now brimmed my eyes and threatened to fall.

"Natsu, you are the key. Why can't you see, remember Luke. You saved me. The fact that you are so worried about my well being is enough to prove that you love me." She sobbed, yet the smile never left her beautiful face

"L-Lucy the problem isn't if I love you. It's that I'm a bad person, I don't deserve you. What if I do t treat you right or fulfill your needs." I said shakily, the tears were now falling

I turned too face her, she nestled her head in the crook of my neck. I felt her hot breath against my neck, and her tears soak into my shirt.
"Natsu, the fact that I'm still here says enough. I love you too, and that's final." She cried out as she hugged me even tighter.

This came as a big surprise, she loves me. An angel loves me?

I didn't love Lucy for her body, or her clothes. I loved her for her, her sassy attitude, her positive views, and her as a whole. I know way too much trivia about her, too. She and I have spent hours on the phone, slept over at each others houses far too many times too count.
Heck, I even had at least two full pairs of clothes at her house. We stayed together for awhile.

When we finally pulled apart I gently kissed her forehead, she put her hand on my shirt and balled the fabric in her fist. Then pulled me down to her level, and kissed me.
I don't want to be one of those people. But yeah the kiss felt like fireworks, it peaked all of my senses. We both exerted as much love that we could put into the kiss. It was short and sweet, and individual. I've kissed a lot of girls, sadly. But this kiss was different, something set it apart from the rest.
Maybe it's the fact that I love her more than life itself. And finally I have a way too show her how much I care.
At that moment I promised to myself that no matter what happens I will always love and cherish her. I will never her leave her out in the cold, or ignore her, I will always be their for her. To protect her and listen too her, because I love her.
I fell in love you Lucy