A Fractured House

(The Playground)

Lyra's POV.

[Lyra's Outfit]

As I sit with my feet propped up on my desk as I sit behind it, and Skye sits in front of me on my left on the other side of my desk as we watch Ward wake up on my computer wall using the security camera's

As I sit with my feet propped up on my desk as I sit behind it, and Skye sits in front of me on my left on the other side of my desk as we watch Ward wake up on my computer wall using the security camera's. Ward the goes to far left corner of his cell and begins to do vertical push-ups with his shirt off, before moving onto regular push-ups, then bench presses using the foot of his bed and then finally doing rolling burpees.

"5:30 on the dot every morning. But there's no clock, no light, no way he can know what time it is." I explain to them as I pick up my cup of coffee from my desk with my right hand, and I take a small sip of it.

[Cup of Coffee]

"You've been watching him?" Skye asks me

"Every day since he arrived at The Playground." I tell her as Ward puts his shirt back on.

"I don't know how you do it, going down there, talking to him." Skye says to me.

"Sacrifices we make for valuable intel, right?" I ask her as I place my coffee cup down.

"You still angry about Simmons?" Skye asks me, and I turn the computer off.

"She left us, Skye. When Fitz needed her most, she abandoned him. They were like family, like me and you. I would never abandon you like that." I explain to her.

"Same here." Skye smiles at me just before an alarm begins to blare in throughout the building, and a warning S.H.I.E.L.D. symbol flashes red on my wall computer.

"What's happening?" Skye asks me confused.

"I don't know." I tell her as I turn the alarm off in my room before I stand up "Let's go find out." I tell her before we both head to the lounge room where Trip is watching the television, the news is on and the news lady is saying there has been an attack on the U.N.... By S.H.I.E.L.D.?

"An attack today of the U.N. left six dead and dozens injured. Among the injured, S.H.I.E.L.D.'s biggest opponent, U.S. air force Brigadier General Glenn Talbot." The Newscaster reports just as Coulson walks in.