Aftershocks

(The Playhouse)

Lyra's POV.

[Lyra's Outfit]

As I begin to wake up, I hear Coulson and Skye's voices, and I squint my eyes open to see that I'm laying on a bed in a glass room in the lab at The Playhouse, and I look over to my right to see Skye sitting on the edge of a bed in a glass room al...

As I begin to wake up, I hear Coulson and Skye's voices, and I squint my eyes open to see that I'm laying on a bed in a glass room in the lab at The Playhouse, and I look over to my right to see Skye sitting on the edge of a bed in a glass room also as Coulson sits outside of both of the rooms. Are we in quarantine?

"I keep thinking Trip is gonna come see me, make fun of me for being stuck in quarantine, call me a goldfish or a hamster or something. And every time I wake up... I-I remember all over again. I just can't believe he's not coming back. He should not have been down there." Skye explains to Coulson.

"We all went in for a good reason." I speak up with my voice a little ruff, and they both turn to look at me as they stand up "To prevent H.Y.D.R.A. from starting a cataclysm." I add before I slowly sit up.

"Are you alright?" Skye asks me worried.

"I'm alright." I show her a small smile before thinking back to Triplett "He was trying to save us." I refer Skye and myself, and Skye sits back down on her bed.

"He may have saved all of us. The Obelisk triggered a massive earthquake. Imagine how much worse it could have been if he hadn't destroyed it." Coulson explains.

"He died a hero." I state.

"Once medical clears you, we'll get you out of there. You'll just be stuck underground, like the rest of us." Coulson explains to myself and Skye.

"How's everyone doing?" I ask Coulson.

"Just trying to keep busy. Everyone deals with it in their own way." Coulson tells me.

"When you sign up for this kind of life, you accept that loss will be part of it, but you never get used to losing one of your own, especially when it's... A good man like Triplett. It happens too much. And over time, it makes it harder to let people in." I explain as I look down at my hands, feeling something cold inside of me, but I don't say anything.

"Sometimes, just makes you want to pack up and run." Coulson adds.

"Is that what you want to do... Run?" Skye asks Coulson.

"Sometimes. You?" Coulson asks us.

"Couldn't even if we tried." Skye says before she stands up and paces lightly "How long did it take for Mack to get out of quarantine?" She asks Coulson.

"He cleared pretty quickly. Whatever took over his system is gone, but he's pretty shaken up." Coulson explains.

"And Simmons, is she back?" Skye asks Coulson.

"Not yet. She has a team documenting whatever they can in the tunnels, cleaning up, but it's slow going with no electricity. She'll assess the structural integrity of the place and, if possible, blow one of the vertical shafts under the ocean floor, flood the city with water." Coulson explains.