The Writing On The Wall

(The Playground)

Lyra's POV.

[Lyra's Outfit]

As I sit at Coulson's desk and watch him carve The Obelisk symbols onto the wall opposite me as some old music plays on the record player on the desk that Coulson put on, Skye opens the door and walks in before closing the door after herself

As I sit at Coulson's desk and watch him carve The Obelisk symbols onto the wall opposite me as some old music plays on the record player on the desk that Coulson put on, Skye opens the door and walks in before closing the door after herself. She then waits a moment before turning the music off and Coulson snaps the blade on his knife accidentally.

"Damn it." Coulson mutters before he turns to us "How long were you standing there?" He asks Skye.

"Long enough. May gave us specific instructions: You go on a date with the crazy wall, we have to chaperone." Skye explains.

"I was already awake in the lab with Fitz, we didn't want to wake you." I say to her.

"Do I look like I've been sleeping?" Skye asks me.

"What's keeping you up?" Coulson asks her, but I already know the answer as he places the broken knife on the table near him.

"It's all connected, everything. Ward has information about our father, who just happens to have the alien buzzkill device, which is somehow connected to the writing, that is related to the G.H. serum that is in our blood... Like we're pieces to a puzzle." Skye explains.

"Except we don't know what the puzzle is or how the pieces even fit." Coulson comments as he looks at The Obelisk carvings.

"It's a hacker's worst nightmare, everlasting gobstopper of firewalls." Skye states.

"It wants us to know. I can feel it." Coulson tells us.

"Then it should tell us, because I have been trying to match the writing to constellation maps, navigational charts, genome diagrams. And if it's a map, it's a map to nowhere." Skye explains.

"I need you to stick with it. The writing's coming more and more frequently. Used to be two, three times a month. Then once a week. Now it's every day, every night. I can't turn it off." Coulson admits to us.

"How do you function? When do you sleep?" I ask him confused.

"That's why we need answers." Coulson tells us.

"And what if we don't find them?" I ask him, but he doesn't answer.

"Anything else?" Coulson asks us, but neither of his answers and he picks up a new knife from the table.

"When does May get back?" Skye asks him as May, Triplett, Hunter and Morse are on a mission to bring Ward back in as he escaped from Senator Ward's soldiers on the transfer.

"Not until we find Ward." I state as Coulson goes back to carving The Obelisk symbols.

After Coulson finished carving The Obelisk symbols, Skye came into my office and found a dead victim with The Obelisk symbols carved on her body, Janice Robbins. So right now we have just walked into Coulson's office as he faces a map of the world with points lit up on his wall computer, and he turns to us when we walk in.