12

When Nino and Adrien saw Marinette storm out of the girls' bathroom, something demanded an explanation.

Nino pulled Adrien back before he could go after her. "Look dude." He explained in a hurry, "I think I have an idea what happened. And, no offence, but you're not exactly her favorite person to see right now." Nino scurried after her.

What did Nino mean? Adrien thought, Does he know something I don't?

"I... I didn't mean it."

Adrien turned and saw Alya, scratching the back of her neck.

"What exactly did you not mean?" Adrien asked.

Alya opened her mouth to answer, than closed it again, realizing that she had no clue what she was apologizing for.

"Marinette was stressed." Alya said slowly, "She thinks that I'm not taking the situation seriously cause..."

Adrien waited patiently.

"... I was teasing her about dating you."

Adrien raised his eyebrows. "Me?"

"Yeah. In case you didn't notice, Adrien, Marinette had the biggest crush on you all through high school. I just thought... now that she knows you're Cat Noir..."

Adrien sighed. "I'll admit I didn't notice. I was too busy with Ladybug. But I heard Nino and her talking on the bus yesterday and that's how I found out."

"Oh." Alya paused then said, "When we were on the bus, I heard Wayzz say that Master Fu thinks that they were made for each other."

"Nino and Mari?" Adrien spluttered.

Alya nodded, then leaned on the wall next to Adrien. "I mean, just look at the way Nino chased after Marinette."

"And Nino said that Marinette doesn't want to see me." Adrien said quietly.

The pair fell silent, and Brie and Chloe came back with the popcorn and drinks.

"Where's Nino and Marinette?" Chloe asked cheerfully.

Both Adrien and Alya shrugged in response. Chloe and Brie looked at each other. For the next ten minutes, the four awkwardly stood waiting until Marinette and Nino came back.

After the movie, the teens decided to go home. The heat was killing them. Brie turned on the air con the second she stepped into the apartment.

Brie stepped in her room and saw Chloe sitting on the ground and going through her makeup bag. Chloe quickly put down the bag and apologized.

"Oh no no." Brie smiled, closing the door behind her, "You can look at it. I don't mind."

For a second, Chloe stared at her in disbelief, then she smiled and took out one of Brie's eye shadow palettes. There was different shades of orange and yellow. "This is awesome."

"You think so?" Brie said brightly, "That one's my favorite. I'd wear it everyday if I could."

"Why can't you?"

"School." Brie flopped down next to her, "You're not allowed to wear makeup or any accessories."

"Sometimes I feel like people judge me because of the makeup I wear." Chloe said softly, "I don't think I've ever told you this, but I'm the Mayor's daughter. My mom's a fashion icon, and she left Paris when I was very little. She wanted a life surrounded with fame and wealth, and she was never there for me when I grew up. She barely remembers my name. My dad wanted me to be happy, and he thought that the way to fill the hole was to spoil me. I grew up very self centered and nobody liked me because I was bratty and belonged to a rich family. Adrien is my childhood friend. He tried to teach me how to get along with other people. We got even closer when his Mom disappeared, a pain I know too well. I... I know there are still a lot to people who despise me, who thinks I'm utterly ridiculous. But I really don't want to become my Mom, so selfish and alone in the world."

Chloe stopped fiddling the zipper of the makeup bag and looked up at Brie. "Oh my god. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you cry."

"No." Brie wiped away her tears with the back of her hand, "It just..." She grabbed hold of Chloe's hands. "I can't even begin to imagine what life is like for you, and the others. I honestly didn't expect the Miraculous holders to be so young. And honestly, when I first met you all, I thought that you're perfect, I mean- sorry I'm jumbling up my words- What I mean is, you all have you're differences and problems in life no matter how powerful you are. I've never met the Chloe before yesterday, but I really think you're a very kind person. And I can tell that you're trying so hard to be friendly with the others..."

"But they still don't like me." Chloe cut in, "Especially Nino..."

"Give it some time."

"Yeah." Chloe smiled a bit. "Thank you."

A rapid pounding on the door disrupted their conversation. "Brie? Chloe? You got to come and watch this..."

____________________

No I will not make Nino and Mari kiss each other. I JUST WATCHED OBLIVIO OH MY GOD IM FREAKING OUT. LADYNOIR KISSED AND MY LIFE IS COMPLETE. "NO WONDER I FELL IN LOVE WITH YOU" WE DONT DESERVE ADRIEN AGRESTE.

Bug out!