21

"Shut up!" Adrien shouted.

The others jumped in surprise. Plagg was literally knocked off his seat.

"You really think all this arguing will get us somewhere? If that's the case, I might as well hand myself over to Hawkmoth. If we want to be able to defeat Hawkmoth, go home and forget about all this, we have... to work... together." Adrien said, pausing between the last few words to add effect, "We're all stressed, okay? So stressed that we're doubting each other's trust, and acting like five-year-olds. Guys..." Adrien looked at every single one of them in the eye. "A week ago, we were just classmates who were stuck together in the same room for three years. Now, we're a superhero team that the whole of Paris is counting on. We need to stick together, and stay together. That's what a team is all about. Am I right or am I right?"

(A/N: Preach my cinnamon roll)

"He's right." Chloe said, "And might I add, you guys went from being my enemies to being my best friends."

Marinette smiled slightly. "Same here."

"Sorry." Alya mumbled.

Nino scooted over and wrapped an arm around her, then scanned the room. "I think we're all sorry."

They all exchanged glances and nodded in agreement.

"You know," Plagg said, "Tikki would be so proud of you all right now."

Trixx did a cartwheel in the air and smiled brightly. "Alright team. Back to work."

They spent the next hour rummaging. The attic became stuffy and Nino pushed open the small window for some fresh air. The kwamis did whatever their small bodies could, mostly encouraging their owners and giving suggestions. The teens passed things around to double check them. After a while, their legs became sore from kneeling and crawling.

"This is the last one." Marinette announced, placing her hands on both sides of the small circular box.

The others huddled around her and watched eagerly as she opened the lid.

"Nothing?!" Alya cried.

Marinette turned the box upside down and shook it. There really was nothing.

Chloe face-palmed. "What now? We've searched through everything already. I'm pretty sure we didn't miss anything." She said.

Discouraged, the team slumped down next to each other.

"Maybe Ming didn't know the ingredients after all." Adrien frowned.

"Or he really didn't care enough to record it down." Nino added.

Suddenly, someone violently shook the rope ladder from below. It was Mae. The heroes all tried to peak at her through the rather small opening.

"It's almost one." Mae said, "I wanted to ask if you guys want to have lunch here with me and Juliek. I have a lot of leftovers from the party we threw yesterday."

"We'd love to," Alya smiled, "if you don't mind."

They piled down the swaying ladder and into the spacious kitchen. The house looked better and more modern from the inside than the outside. Plagg's stomach rumbled has he smelled the cheese from the big plate of spaghetti bolognese sitting on the counter with all it's glory.

"No offense, dude," Nino laughed, nudging Adrien, "but your kwami is just a floating stomach."

"Several people said the same thing and I agree." Plagg grinned.

Juliek was seated at one end of the dining table, poking at his lunch and lost in thought. He looked up when he saw the group approaching the table, then his eyes widened at the flying creatures.

"Those are kwamis." Mae said to him, "Now do you think I'm lying?"

Wayzz stopped in front of the gaping boy. "Hello." He greeted, "I'm Wayzz."

"Hi." Juliek said back, putting down his fork.

Wayzz turned around and pointed at his friends.

"That's Trixx, Plagg, Pollen; the kwamis. And the others are Nino, Alya, Adrien, Chloe and Marinette."

"Pleased to meet you." Pollen curtsied.

The teens awkwardly smiled and waved at him. Mae went around and served lunch. And it was delicious. After they (both humans and kwamis) were all full, there was still some food left.

"Sorry we had to make you cook all this, Mae." Chloe said.

"Oh no no. I'm actually rather glad someone could finish all that for me. It's from Juliek's birthday party yesterday. A few of his friends came over."

"It was your birthday?" Marinette turned to Juliek, who shrugged, "Happy birthday."

The others echoed her words. After lunch, Mae apparently got a call from her office and had to leave for work. She was fine with the heroes staying for a few more hours, although they didn't know what else to do, or where else to look.

Suddenly, Juliek stood up, promptly collected all their dirty plates, and placed them all in the sink without a word. Then he turned to the others. "I'll wash them later." He said, flicking a few orange strands of hair off his forehead, "You guys wanna continue searching?"

The heroes looked at each other.

"A new pair of eyes might help." Juliek shrugged.

"Sure." Adrien replied, getting out of his seat.

A few moments later, they were back in the attic, this time with a new companion.

____________________

I've been getting a few really nice comments lately and I wanna say thank you cause it really helps me. I've written stories before but I've never been so motivated. And this is the first book I've ever published. Again, thanks for reading. The next part should be out in a few days.

Bug out!