23

The team landed back in Paris earlier than expected, and was immediately greeted by a very anxious father.

The Mayor gave Chloe a hug. "Are you all alright?" Andre asked.

"Nino's airsick." Adrien chuckled, pointing backwards to the boy, "But other then that, we're good."

"I got a message while you were away. I don't know who it's from, but he said you'd understand." Andre explained has he led the group inside and handed Marinette a piece of very neatly folded paper. Marinette, who was smart enough to figure out who it was from, hid it in her purse. She asked to use one of the hotel rooms and the group quickly piled in, afraid to be seen by any guests.

As soon as the door closed, Marinette took out the piece of paper and out flew the kwamis.

"12 Rue Soyer, 92200 Neuilly-sur-Seine" She read aloud, then she chuckled, "Signed with a horrible drawing of a turtle."

"I guess that's where we're headed then." Alya said.

"I wonder where that is." Nino raised an eyebrow.

Adrien stepped away to give himself space. "Let's go guys... Plagg, claws out!"

One by one, he watched as his friends were consumed with a bright colorful light, and smiled when he saw the proud looks on their faces. Marinette stood at the back, awkwardly shifting her weight from side to side. Suddenly, she felt her legs give in under her and her body being lifted up.

"Ready, Mari?" Chat grinned, holding her tightly in his arms, bridal style.

Marinette giggled a bit and poked his nose. "Yes, minou, I'm always ready."

Marinette felt the wind in her hair as the heroes leaped from one roof to another, getting farther away from the city and closer to the countryside. The wind felt very familiar, even in her civilian form, and the height they were at made it seem like she was right under the stars in the night sky. And those eyes, so green and electrifying, felt like it belonged up there too. Maybe he was sent from among those sparkling lights. Cause he indeed looked like an angel.

Chat caught her staring and blushed. He felt the warmth radiating off her body and tried to memorize the way she fit perfectly in his arms, looking effortlessly dreamy and radiant. His feet was moving on their own, one charging in front of the next. And he couldn't think of anything else than the color of her eyes and the shape of her face. His world was devoured in a beautiful shade of blue.

(A/N: ahhhh young love)

With Rena leading the way, they made it in less than half an hour. Their superhero bodies felt neither tired or cold. Chloe was glad they were in the countryside. If they detransformed in the city, everyone would spot the flashing lights in a heartbeat. Nino knocked on the door of the little cottage and waited. An elderly woman answered the door in her nightgown. She didn't look surprised.

"Marianne." Marinette smiled in recognition.

"Who?" Alya asked.

"Long story." Marianne said quickly, "Come in. I can explain later."

In five minutes, they were all seated in the kitchen, each holding a small cup of tea and listening to Marianne and Master Fu's love story.

"I swear, y'all old people have a thing for tea." Nino said before Alya jabbed him in the ribs and told him not to be rude.

"Because it's delicious." Marianne answered.

Chloe yawned, and soon sent a chain reaction around the room. "Where's Master Fu?" She asked sleepily.

"He's upstairs. I made him go to bed. He hasn't been sleeping much, constantly worrying about you. I'm sure he'll be delighted to see you all here safe and sound."

"Guess we should get some rest too." Marinette suggested, peeling off her cardigan.

They had no idea what was coming next.

____________________

Sorry for the rather short chapter. I don't have much time to write these few days and I don't always have a laptop with me anymore. Thanks for reading and the next chapter will be here soon. Lots of miraculous love for the people who keep reading.

Bug out!