38

"Adrien Agreste."

Adrien's smile radiated as he stepped on stage. His deep purple gown glittered in the sunlight. It was a beautiful day, the perfect day for a graduation ceremony. He eagerly shook Mr Damocles' hand and took his diploma from him, pausing promptly for a picture. Adrien took a second to look over the sea of students in front of him. How quickly time has passed. A few years ago he never thought he'd go to school at all, now he was holding his diploma in his hands. He was beyond grateful.

Someone caught his eye. Her hand was waving enthusiastically in the air at him.

"Woo!" Marinette cheered.

Adrien smiled even more for her, then looked at Alya, Nino and Chloe. Alya had a smirk on her face. Nino, a true best friend, was on his feet, hollering. Chloe was also waving, but in a polite manner.

As he stepped off stage, Chloe mouthed to him tonight.

Adrien knew exactly what she was talking about and he couldn't wait.

As soon as the ceremony ended, hugs filed everywhere. And Adrien gave his first hug to Marinette. Wrapping his arms around her was always an amazing feeling.

"Happy one year closer to taxes!" She laughed.

"I thought we were saving that line for my birthday." Adrien said, smiling.

"No," Marinette protested, "taxes start the day of your birthday."

Adrien pulled back a little and nudged his nose against hers. "Well then, that works for you too... We're gonna grow old together..."

"Nah-ah." Alya cut in, wagging her finger in Adrien's face, "Not until you prove yourself worthy of my child over here."

"Alya!" Marinette wined, then laughed, enveloping her best friend in a hug, "I love you."

"I love you." Alya whispered back.

Nino gave Adrien a friendly smack on the back. "Nice speech, dude. I think I shed one single tear."

Adrien gave him a hug. "Thank you." Then he spotted Chloe in the crowd, waving goodbye at Sabrina, "Hey Chlo!"

She squeezed her way towards them.

"That is a lot of flower bouquets." Marinette laughed.

"That's because I'm handing them out." Chloe struggled a little but managed to hand each of them a small bouquet.

"Aw, Chloe, thanks." Nino gave her a hug from the side, careful not to squish the flowers she was holding against her chest.

In just seconds the best friends ended up in a giant group hug.

"Kids!" Nathalie shouted over the loud chattering.

She eagerly gave Adrien a hug, announcing that she was proud of him. Since Gabriel's arrest, Nathalie slowly found her place in Adrien's life. She had loosened up, and recognized Adrien's capability to make his own decisions. She never thought she'd say this, but she was glad Hawkmoth was defeated by Ladybug and Cat Noir, whoever they are. However, she was still too protective to let Adrien go anywhere far without his bodyguard.

"Auntie Nathalie," Chloe touched her shoulder, "Do you mind giving me a ride home?"

Nathalie tapped her finger on her chin, "I don't see why not. If you need to, I can also drive you all to the bakery when your sleepover starts."

Chloe clapped. "Perfect. Thank you."

"I need a photo with Ms Bustier." Alya grabbed hold of Nino, then turned to Marinette, Chloe and Adrien, "You coming?"