In the City

Chapter 4

Marcus POV

As we approach the gate there were a line of people and other carriages and a few guards inspection said carriage after a guard gave a quick glance of our carriage they gave a salute of some sort and let us pass.

These people must be of some importance to let us pass like this.

After going inside the city there were quite some people inside the city most of them were humans while others had some sort of animal features. Once I can understand this world language, I will look and see if there are some books about their anatomy. After a few minutes pass since we enter the gate I received a message from Zack.

Yo be ready to get off.

Understood.

I really hope he knows what he is doing.

ZACK POV

Lisa let's try to get off.

Ok.

Lisa: We appreciate for the ride to the city, but we really must be going.

Sebastian: No please let us express our gra-

Before the old man could finish his sentence, the carriage door open. Lisa and I got off Soon follow by Marcus who was behind us. We ran through the streets for a while and soon as we know it we were in an alleyway.

Zack: Man, those guys were creepy

Marcus: What happen?

Lisa: The old man won't stop asking for this book. *holds up the book*. And for good reason too.

Marcus: Why?

Lisa: This world magic advancement is quite low. The granddaughter book for beginners was so simple that it was boring, and the magic formations was also incorrect as well.

Marcus: Then your book contains magic information that were too advance that he wants to know more.

Lisa: That could be an option, he could be a knowledge hunger person.

Marcus: Could be, anyway Zack got an idea of where to go. I will need about a few weeks to repair the teleport pads and try to get rid a bit of radiation to be on the safe side and make new key cards as well.

Zack: Well since this is another world, my guess there should be an adventure guild in this town. After we register, we will look for an inn of some sort until you can repair the base. While your repairing the base, Lisa and I will gather information, resources, and income for basic needs. Sounds good?

Lisa: This is a plan that I can get behind.

Marcus: Alright, my drones just finish scouting most of the city I recall them and transfer the map to you guys. And for the money situation, any money we had before we enter this world is converted so we just need to gather resources.

After Marcus told us that we check to see how much we have. Lisa had 352,392,153 gold, Marcus had 170,570,380 gold after building the reactor, and I had 794,573,598. I don't spend much, so it was just sitting there collecting dust. We waited in the alleyway until Marcus drones reappear in front of us and Marcus place it back into his inventory.

Zack: Alright let's go.

As I pulled out the map, most of the important places have already been marked. One of them was the adventure guild. The adventure guild was on the other side of the city, so we took our time exploring the area while walking towards it. There were some people who were staring at us then mind their own business. At first it was only a few people until more and more keep staring to the point it became uncomfortable. We said nothing and continue to press forward to our destination.