Chapter 1 : Why?

🌹

[ Zaphyr Evan ]

"Young Master, your father requests your presence later this evening." His butler, John, informed me as soon as I took a step in the mansion. I gave my bag to the maid beside me. "Please bring this to my room," I instructed to her. She bowed and left me with John. I looked towards him. "I'll go there now." He sighed but bowed, because he knows how stubborn I am, he lead me to my father's office. He went to the side and opened the door for me. "Master, the Young Master is here." He informed. I entered the room and he closed it, offering privacy to us. My father was pouring some expensive wine to the wine glass. "I thought I instructed John that we'll see each other this evening?" He asked, obviously implying I didn't obey his instructions. "I'm perfectly aware of it, Father." I said, closing my eyes ready to blurt it out. "Father, I came here to —" He made me stop. "I know why you came here." He said, while sipping on the glass. "And I'm here to inform you that the engagement will continue whether you like it or not. But, I mean, you guys have been dating for how many years now. C'mon Zaphyr, man up. I know you are having second thoughts and is very unsure. Son, it's for your future." He commented, I clenched my fists, using my future as his bait for me. "Father, I know. But—" He interrupted.

"No buts, it's already final." He looked towards me with a serious face. "Romance is unnecessary with business, it's a hindrance actually. Unless, you fell in love with a girl with a prestigious background, you're lucky. So, you've got no choice. It's all business, son." I seriously want to punch him the face for belittling love. Has he ever loved my mom? Or even Emiko?

"Also, son, just a warning. Please obey whatever instruction I give you, because you might interrupt me in the middle of meeting. You're lucky the person isn't here, because he cancelled it. But, please, you are not a little boy anymore." I just nodded, I was about to leave but he stopped me. "Here," he handed my an envelope. I opened it and saw my birth certificate and all the important documents about me. "What's this for?" I asked. "Look at the very last document." I did as he says, I saw a paper from Oxford University. I looked at my father. "You enrolled me to Oxford?" He nodded. "You'll be taking your master's there. Good luck, my son. You will use our mansion in UK, there you will take responsible to our mansion. Don't worry, I will visit you there occasionally." He said, pouring more of the wine to the emptied glass. "You may leave," I bowed and immediately left him. "What an asshole." I muttered under my breath as I went to my room.

* * * * *

I punched my bedroom wall as hard as I can. I am frustrated with myself, I am sure I am gonna hurt her, and will be painful for me too. Because she's too good to be true. She's enough, and you can't ask for more. But why do I want more? Is there such a thing as more than Estania? I pulled out my hair, because the answer for that is yes, and I want Leon. Fuck! Then, my phone rang from that distinct ringtone I knew right away who it was. "Hello babe," I tried to make a voice sound fine, but in the end my voice cracked.

[Oh? Are you alright?] As always she's worried about me. She's really perfect. Why can't I love her?

"Yes, babe. I'm fine. How was your vacation?" Changing the topic. I can hear getting giddy.

[Oh my gosh, babe! It was great! I was wish we were here though, if you were here then it would've been perfect.] 

When I heard that I couldn't help but cry. I can't believe I'm gonna hurt her just because of my stupidity.

[Babe? Are you crying? Are there something wrong?] 

I shook my head, even though I know she wouldn't see me. "I'm just so happy to hear your voice, babe."

She chuckled on the other side of the phone.

 [Babe, seriously. You can deceive anyone but not me. What's wrong?] 

I sighed. "It's nothing baby." I tried to calm down, I should stop worrying her. 

[Baby...please tell me. I'm your girlfriend aren't I? Don't you trust me?] 

I closed my eyes, I know she said 'girlfriend' because I'm not ready yet, I know she is just considering my feelings and thoughts, I smiled because she thought about my feelings, that's why she's perfect and I hate myself for hurting her. "I'm gonna tell you when you come back. Okay? Don't worry for now. Enjoy your stay there, I love you." It's true though, I love her. Just not the way everyone thinks. I can't believe I lied to her all these years, saying 'I love you' in a romantic way when it's just really platonic.

[Sure, love you too, babe. See you soon] 

I ended the call and threw my phone. Angry to myself. "C'mon Zaph, love her...you have to love her. She loves you so damn much. Please...don't hurt her. Don't be fucking stupid!" I said to myself. Why is it so hard for me to love her fully and romantically? Why?!

~

A/N:Hi! A bit has changed! But the characters and flow events are a bit altered but same nevertheless. Please Vote and Comment! Let me hear your feedback!

Love you guys! 💖