Chapter 3: Bittersweet Memories

🍒

[Leon Scott]

"Can we talk?" I asked, I'm very desperate right now. She silently laughed, "Aren't we talking?" Goodness, she's still sarcastic. As much as I want to smile, I can't and I sighed. I'm really so fucking desperate right now. 

"Privately," she just nodded, she immediately walked towards the garden, that freaking same garden where everything went down, but this place has so many memories of us. I can't hate it...

A year ago...

"I like you," I confessed to her, with all my courage built up. But the resolve I built was soon ruined when she looked at me uncomfortably. Shit, this is what I've been afraid of, our friendship. I don't want it ruined. Just because I freaking confessed to her. "Leon..." She sighed. "I don't think I like you that way...

~

It hurts, it still hurts even after a year, it still hurts like hell. Revisiting those bittersweet memories. What did you do to me, Mira? No matter what I do, I just can't seem to let her go. She has always been the only girl I've ever liked...no, loved. I know, it's very stupid of me, hoping that she will catch me from this worm hole called love, but in the end...I just keep falling and falling and falling...I don't know when it'll end.

How can be such a fool? Foolishly, I just keep on loving her. It's an unrequited love for god's sake! After a bit of silence I started. "Why can't you love back?" I heard her sigh loudly. I can see her back, now I can see her face, full of pain and pity. I don't need your pity Mira, cause I pity myself too. 

"Leon..." As much as it hurts me to do this because this will hurt my pride as a man. I kneeled on both a my feet. "Leon!" she shouted, warning me to stand up. I shook my head. 

"Please Mira, answer me!" I cried and begged. I just can't handle the pain. Why did this fucking happened. "Leon, I can't see you as more than a friend." She sobbed, I know she's hurt. 

Damn, I hate myself for making her cry. "Leon, you're like a brother to me." She admitted, those words were simply yet it held a lot of weight on me. 

Of course, I've been a brother to her. I couldn't talk, I just cried and held to her leg. "Mira, please...end my pain." I begged her, she cried harder. "I wish I can, Leon. Believe me. But I don't know how, especially when I am the cause of that pain." She embraced me, I know she's just trying to comfort me. But fuck, it's that feeling again. 

Stop it! It's not funny, don't give me hope again. I pushed her gently. "Please don't give false hope," I said to her and stood up. I looked at her straight in the eye. Fuck, I hate myself. She's a crying mess. Her cute nose were red and her eyes were watery and red. 

I closed my eyes, trying to calm myself and stop my tears from falling. "I'm sorry." That's all she said and left me alone. Again, in this garden filled with bittersweet memories of us together.

* * * * *

I lied down to my bed and stared at my white ceiling. I closed my eyes and I keep imagining Mira's face all the time. 

This shitty feeling, I shouldn't have just confessed to her. I can't help but wonder what are we gonna be if I never did confess to her. I chuckled, because either way I'm in the friend zone. "Fuck it, Mira."

 I cried again, why am I such a wussy? "Yuck, I'm so gay!" I laughed maniacally, trying to lift my spirits. Then, I heard my phone ringing, I immediately get it to see who was the caller. I answered it.

"Yo, Zaph. Wazzup man?"

[Leon, hello...I actually want to ask you if you want to talk to me or something. Cause, I'm not gonna lie, I heard about it.] I smiled, really amazed at how fast this things get to him.

"How? This is a private matter."

[Well, I can sense it] 

He laughed, because he his reason sounds ridiculous, I also laughed together with him. "Can you come over?" Then, I heard silence. I checked the phone to check if he was still there, he's still in the line. "Yo, Zaph?" I heard him gulp. 

[Sure, just give me a sec] and he ended the line.

Vote, Comment and Share. lol