Youth 03

0 3

what you see is not everything

The most believable type of the lie is the one that contains some truth in it. I loved what you did with your hair, it was so much better than the previous hairstyle. I need some help with school so I can keep up with my siblings. Your pie tastes great but I think the one you made last time was better. Guess which one I've been using as an excuse to see my crush. 

When Rosemond wasn't watching, Isaac would stop doing his homework to admire her. When she noticed that he wasn't doing his work, he would quickly return to his work and the cycle would continue. Isaac didn't need the tutoring sessions, he understood everything in class but he was an idiot when it came to his unrequited love.

"You know, even if you pretend to do work, I know you're not," Rosemond said without looking up from her book.

"But this is boring," Isaac whined. It was true, he knew it all like the back of his hand.

"Which is why you failed your test? Your mom hired me to get your grades up."

"Anything that's not perfect is a fail in my family. Hey," Isaac put down his pencil and leaned forward on the table getting close up to Rosemond's face, "tutor me in something more interesting. How about kissing?"

Rosemond put down her book and leaned in close to Isaac's face. They locked eyes and she put on flirty smile and unfazed, she said, "But you did actually fail so go back to work." She pushed him back before returning to her book.

"Why not?" Isaac pouted, unable to hide his disappointment.

"You're my little sister's best friend, let's no go there."

"But right now we're tutor and student. It always works in the movies." Isaac tried again.

"Cute but no. Did you finish your practice test?"

"Yeah, here. Now back to why you won't date me."

"You made ten mistakes but it's still an eighty percent." Rosemond handed the papers back to Isaac and moved over to the seat beside him to show him how it's done.

"If I weren't your little sister's friend, would you date me?"

"Focus." Rosemond tapped the paper. "You confused the suffix, it's '-ic' if it's the higher oxidation number and '-ous' when it's the lower one. So it's Ferrous when it's Iron II and Ferric when it's Iron III."

"Ah," Isaac said. Returned his attention to Rosemond and tucked her hair behind her ear. "I can't see when your hair in the way."

"Cheeky."

"It's Isaac or boyfriend, which everyone you prefer."

"Back to work Isaac," Rosemond said while rolling her eyes.

The two continued the tutoring session and only stopped to greet Delancy who was too busy remembering all the tasks she promised to do to return the favour. They returned to tutoring before a knock on the balcony window interrupted them.