Youth 09

0 9

the art of a confession

The best part of Catalpa's winter festival was all the shops. My friends would make fun of me for spending all of my time and money there but I didn't care. There was something about seeing those matching keychains, or those artisans who braved the cold that spoke to me. It's weird that this time around, I passed all of them without a second glance. 

Delancy, still holding onto his hand, dragged Eric off to a less crowded location and looked down at her feet. There was a moment of silence and she began to count the snowflakes that fell.

"So," Eric said, "I guess we're dating now?"

"I, well, I," Delancy said, looking up at him confused. She wanted to say yes but she couldn't. Not when he looked at her like that.

He let go of Delancy's hand and she looked back to the ground, she never thought she would have to hold back tears in such a situation.

"Well then, please be kind to me," Eric said while performing a 90 degrees bow. When Delancy didn't say anything, he looked up to see her shocked face and let out a laugh.

"It's not funny," she said. "What took you so long to say it?"

Eric wiped his girlfriend's tears and looked at her enduringly. "Because you didn't even give me a chance. You dragged me off before I could say anything. We're even now, right?"

"Meanie."

"Look at you trying to be cute."

"I like you, I really do, I'm sorry that it had to come out like that."

"It's alright."

Eric moved Delancy's hair out of her face and he was going to kiss her until the noticed the intense aura coming form down the road. Delancy noticed his stiffness and turned around to see her four friends peaking around the corner with their heads stacked one on top of the other.

The four friends saw Delancy dragging Eric by the hand and decided to follow them. Isaac and Asher made a bet on if they were going to kiss and Diego and Rei joined in. The four of them hid behind the corner and waited.

"Guys," Delancy gritted out.

"Hi Del," the four of them said as innocently as they could.

"What are you doing?"

"Nothing, you?" At this point, they got up and stood side by side.

"Eric, I'll see you later," she told her boyfriend calmly before jerked her head to where her friends were and ran after them.

"Demonlancy!" Asher shouted and the four of the dispersed.

My favourite thing about the place was the food. I loved how even in such a cold place, I could find warm food and people. Despite being on a mountain at a famous winter festival which was known for the events and contests, I was looking forward to eating with my friends the most. Eating warm food in a cold place, a situation which was so similar yet so different to the one I experience every day. 

Asher's plans on going to get lunch with his friends were ruined when his latest girlfriend, Karen with the pretty eyes, found him. She grabbed him by the arms, her nails digging into his bicep as she dragged him away, not forgetting to glare at Rei and Delancy.