Chapter 2: Second Night - Bloody Centipede

Issei, like many others in his school, had found the enigma Haise Sasaki to be interesting. Unlike all the students in the school, he would wear a pair of normal clothes, mostly consisting of a black shirt or a pair of white slacks or shorts. The first thing that stuck out was the eye patch he had over his left eye, and the second was his brilliant white hair.

He easily had the top grades out of everyone in his grade, passing tests as if they were nothing, and aced P.E. like it was child's play. In time, he was given the nickname "The One-Eyed White Prince of Kuoh", the one-eye part coming from the fact that he wears an eye patch over his left eye, and the white prince coming from his white hair. Of course, he as also known to be illusive, avoiding Rias Gremory, one of the Two Great Onee-samas and her club mates like the plague.

Unfortunately for him, Issei had tracked him down to everywhere he went, finding him easily. His two partners in crime simply wanted to check out the "damned cool new prince" while also thinking that, with him, they could become the Perverted Four. Kiryuu joined in as well, though for her, it was more out of curiosity than anything else. Within the week he talked with Haise, he had managed to score a girlfriend, who was downright beautiful.

Unfortunately, that week had been nothing but a nightmare.

On the day of their date, he had gotten speared in the stomach, and his girlfriend, Yuuma Amano, had shown her true self, black wings and all. He was dead to rights, and yet, the next morning, he woke up in bed as if nothing had happened. The cool part though was that he was not alone in the bed either, for the naked form of Rias Gremory was asleep beside him.

Of course, like his date, this meeting was anything but a dream come true. At school, he learned that he did die at the hands of his girlfriend, who was a Fallen Angel tasked with killing him, having deemed him a threat, but Rias had revived him... as a Devil. As it turned out, everyone in the Occult Research Club, or ORC for short, was a Devil! Even the bishonen Kiba Yuuto was one!

At first, he was confused by this whole "peerage" business, but after learning that, one he rose through the ranks, he could become a high-class Devil, and the best part about it all was that he would get to have his own peerage! He could see it now! Beautiful, lusty, and naked women at his side, begging him to do whatever he wanted to them! This was to be his dream! TO BECOME A HAREM-KING!

...But for the time being, he was a low-level Devil. Rias told him that he would rise through the ranks with the power of his Sacred Gear, which was called "Twice Critical" or whatever, and during his time, he learned how to fight and how to wield it. It had been during the next couple of days that he met a beautiful nun by the name of Asia Argento. If there was an angel this world, it would definitely be her! She was innocent, cute, and while her chest was lacking, her nature made up for it. Issei was head-over-heels for her already.

But, then he learned that Asia had the power of a Sacred Gear. "Twilight Healing" was it's name, the power to heal any being, be them human, Devil, Fallen, or Angel and otherwise. It was this power that caused her to be called a holy maiden, but when she healed a man that turned out to be a Devil, she was excommunicated, and fled into the arms of the Fallen Angels. He learned this during their second meeting when he was making a pact with a couple, only to find them slaughtered and butchered in their own home at the hands of a crazy priest named Freed. It did not help matters when Yuuma, or rather, Raynare, had shown up to take Asia back, and despite Issei managing to boost his strength, he had been pierced once again.

Once again, he was weak and helpless, watching as Asia was taken away from him. He opted to rescue her, but Rias had told him that she would not allow him. The church was enemy territory, and at his current level of power, he would be killed in a mere matter of seconds. Needless to say, he was angry and livid, and at the same time, loathing his own weakness.