Chapter 6: Sixth Night - Forest of Misfortune

The moment Haise walked into the room, the familiar form of Rias Gremory immediately greeted him. "Ah, Sasaki-kun!" the Devil greeted him with a sweet smile. Haise knew better though, and sighed mentally. Would this make attempt number 1,285 to try and make him join her peerage? "I'm glad you're here. So, have you-"

"My answer is still no, Gremory-senpai." Haise said, walking past her and heading towards his desk. "How many times must I tell you? I have no interest in becoming a Devil. I can handle myself just fine. Hell, if worst comes to worst, I can rely on a certain idiotic pervert."

"Hey!" Issei shouted, having heard the conversation from the corner of the room. "I resent that!"

"But you don't deny it." Kiba stated, chuckling once Issei scowled and turned away, muttering something about bishonen under his breath. "Still, it's rather nice to see you two being friends. However, you could strengthen that bond by becoming a Devil yourself, you know."

Haise groaned. Great, now even the prince was trying to recruit him? ...Wait. "Why are you even here?" the One-Eyed White Prince of Kuoh asked. "This isn't your class."

"I just came along for the ride," the Knight admitted bashfully, scratching the back of his head. "and I was also showing Asia around the school with Issei, seeing as how she's still new and all. Oh, and if you think you're worried about us trying to get you join, we aren't even close to tenacious as Sona-kaichou is."

Whoopee...

"Of course, that wasn't our only reason for coming." Rias said, taking a seat atop his desk. "I was actually going to ask you for a favor."

Oh, great. So it was going to be one of those "I will be indebted to the devil" kinds of favors...

"Tomorrow, I plan on Asia and Issei getting familiars." Haise frowned, raising an eyebrow. "They are basically the servants of Devils, and unfortunately, the only way to gain one is to form a pact with it at the Familiar Forest. There normally aren't any problems, but we need a guide to find familiars fit for them, and he shows up only once a month."

"And let me guess." Haise spoke up, crossing his arms. "Tomorrow is the only day he will help you guys, at least until the next month."

Rias smiled. "Correct. He shows up once per full moon."

"So why do you need my help?"

"For one thing," Kiba piped up. "a Ghoul is the most fearsome creature known to humans, and that goes double for familiars. They are downright terrified of them."

...Oh.

"You want me to keep away any unnecessary familiars that want to cause trouble for you guys." Haise said, closing his eyes. "...Are there any back draws to this deal? I would rather not like to find myself in debt to a Devil, especially to one that hounds me all over school." At this point, an annoyed expression flashed over his face. "It's bad enough that there are rumors that I am apparently being corrupted by Hyoudou and in a relationship with Asia because of what happened a few days ago, but ever since you started chasing me around and trying to convince me to join your little club, they say that I am apparently a two-timer."

"You don't have to worry about that." Rias said with a small smile. "I'll get rid of those pesky rumors. And you won't owe me anything. In fact, think of it more as the devil being indebted to the Ghoul. A fair trade, no?"

"She's got a point, you know?" Rize said, her head poking over his shoulder. He hadn't seen her for a long while, not since his dreams with his past selves. "Having her in your debt can mean a lot of things..." at this, she sported a lecherous grin. "For example-"