Chapter 9: Ninth Night - Dragon

"Whoa, SHIT!"

Issei slammed his fist into the ground, the earth shattering and shooting him into the air, avoiding him from being skewered and torn apart. Red tendrils and armored tentacles tore where he once stood to shreds, debris flying everywhere and slicing up his clothes and skin in the process. It only took a few moments before his skin reknit together, and his feet returned to the ground. Sweat poured down his face, his breathing heavy as he looked at Haise, who simply stood there in a crouched position, his hands on the ground, and his lone Kakugan staring at him in both madness and hunger.

"M-my fingers..." Haise growled, his Kakuja returning to his side, shaking uncontrollably, and saliva dribbling down his chin. "...On the bench... C-centipedes... crawling... in my ears..."

"Geez..." Issei complained as he prepared himself for another round. "If I make it out of this alive... I am NEVER going near centipedes again!"

————————————————————

"Remind me again..." Haise said, his eye twitching as he and Issei walked behind Rias and her group, the two carrying overstuffed bags. "Why are we carrying your luggage?"

"...Lost bet." Koneko answered plainly, walking up from behind them, carrying the same, if not larger, bag as them. "Losers pay up."

"Man, Koneko-chan is so lucky..." Issei groaned, the stress in his shoulders building up. "How come I'm not allowed to promote to a Rook?! This would be so much easier!"

Haise shook his head, but he had to agree. Koneko had the obvious advantage over them, being able to receive a great deal of damage, and then release the same amount. In short, she was a giant powerhouse in the form of a small girl who could break a guy in half, provided he was human. "Looks like good things do come in small packages..." Rize said with a lop-sided grin, swinging her legs from atop Haise's bag. "Haise-kun, could you move a bit faster?"

Damned witch... Shironeki growled. She's just as lazy as she is here! All she does is lay around and read books all damn day! Can't she help us clean it up?!

'Clean up?' Haise frowned internally. 'You mean Anteiku gets dirty?'

Only when you are stressed or worried or depressed or really, really sad. Kuroneki informed him, smiling sheepishly. And when you are in grieving, the water system stops working right... and then everything starts to leak out, and, well, it's kind of a pain to clean up.

Oh, so NOW you decide to complain! the Ghoul manifestation of Haise Sasaki shouted, throwing his arms into the air. Oi, Sasaki! Hurry up and accept me already! I'm getting freaking tired of seeing this brat's face!

B-brat?! Kuroneki retorted in disbelief. You're not any better, Kaneki! Also, if he accepts you, then what is he supposed to do when he meets Touka-chan and everyone else?!

Haise immediately cut off the connection, realizing they were about to go into another all-out debate, and shook his head. How come he had to get manifestations of himself, Rize included as she represented another Ghoulish part of him, that were bickering in his head?

"Ne, Haise-san..." Issei's voice brought him back to reality, the Oppai Dragon (coined by Rize. In all honesty, he agreed.) was looking over at their two new companions, them being Kurona and her sister, Nashiro. The white-haired girl was practically a carbon copy of her sister, and even wore the same thing as she did, except in an inversed color. While Kurona wore a simple sleeveless black sundress with white checkered marks along the hem, Nashiro had a white sleeveless sundress with black checkers at the hem. "You never told us how you know those two."

Ah, he had not explained that to the boy yet. When Haise learned that the two, who were supposedly his sisters through Kanou's experiments, had been living in a love hotel of all places, he immediately took them back to his apartment with the intention of taking care of them. As fate had it, Arima had decided to visit him today, about to inform him that a member of Aogiri Tree, an executive named Naki, was in town when he saw Kurona and Nashiro. Haise explained everything, and Arima decided it would be best if they stayed with him, giving them the same sort of agreement that Haise had with CCG.