★ DEREK HALE

STORYLINE THEME: JEALOUSY

   Boyd tensed beside you. A huff left your mouth as you watched Issac and Erica continuously get pummelled by Derek. Today, neither you, nor Boyd, were training. But, Issac and Erica were. Boyd winced as he watched Derek easily throw both Issac and Erica straight into the ground.

Exactly what was expected from the both of you on the side lines. But, what wasn't expected was Erica jumping onto Derek and beginning to make-out with him. Boyd cast an uneasy glance towards you, as you dropped the hand that'd been holding your head up on your knee and began glaring with cold eyes towards the pair. Derek kissed back, making steam basically pour from your ears in perfect, long puffs. Although, it didn't last long before he shoved her off of himself. Making a sigh of relief tumble from your lips in response.

"Stop doing that. That, was the last time." The alpha spat, wiping at his mouth where Erica had kissed him. In a way, your heart warmed at his reaction to kissing Erica, although you truly had no reason to be jealous. You and Derek were nothing. Not a couple. Not even full on friends. And sure as hell, not anything above alpha and beta. You had the measliest of crushes on Derek, ever since he'd first bitten you and your brother, Issac.

"You're done for today," the raven-haired alpha grumbled, turning around with a huffing puff of air in annoyance. Constantly, there'd been training. And constantly, there'd been failing. You stood alongside Boyd, just about to go when Derek spoke again. "Y/N, you stay here."

"Ooo, someone's in trouble." Issac whispered in a sing-song voice as he passed you with a grin. He, of course, knew about your thing for Derek and constantly exclaimed he 'shipped' it. Something he'd heard from Stiles, apparently.

Slapping his arm as he went, you stalked down the stairs as the door shut behind the other three betas. "What do you want?" You asked, crossing your arms with a cool tone. It paid off to be in the drama club for so many years.

He turned back towards you, studying your stance before he too, crossed his arms. "I heard your heart throughout the whole session today." You gulped, trying to steady the heart that was beginning to go at a faster pace. "Do you have some heart condition you never told me about?"

Heart condition? What the actual hell? You thought as his words came from his mouth. It was weird to think that such a ladies man could not see the most obvious of signs to when a woman, such as yourself, were interested in him. Releasing a breathy sigh, you quickly decided that lying and agreeing that you'd had a heart condition was most definitely not the thing to do. "No."

"Then what is it?"

Internally, you almost wanted to roll your eyes at the alphas obliviousness. "I-" You paused, not even sure how to express the quick feelings that'd quickly enveloped you throughout the time you'd spent with him. "I like you." Seeing his confused expression, and dropping of the arms; you continued. "Like, a lot. Not just in a beta way, but a crush way. Stupid, I know. But, the reason my heart sped up was because-"

"Because you were jealous." He finished, all the pieces at long last clicking in place. "That's why it's always at such an uneven and quick pace around me. Isn't it?"

You hummed, nodding your head in confirmation. He let out a soft breath too, not one in relief or anything like that. More like one of a, 'thank god I actually know what's up now and it's not some weird heart thing'. Looking around the place awkwardly, you pointed towards the door with your thumb over your shoulder. "Can I go or-"

"You know I can't be with you like that. Right?" His words hit at full force, making you look down at your toes for a second before looking up and nodding. "Good. If circumstances were different and you were-"

"Older, not in high school, and not just your beta?"

"Yeah," a small breathy laugh left his mouth as he studied you for a second. "Maybe in a few years."

"What? Are you in it for the long run?" You asked, recrossing your arms and giving him a cocky grin.

His own smirk crossed his lips as he looked to the side. "Yeah. Something Stiles once said about a redhead."

You laughed, not realizing that Derek Hale really was in the long run for you. And, only you.

______________________________

a/n

i'm sorry y'all didn't get with derek in the end, but honestly i felt this was a much better ending and i thought it made sense!

hope y'all enjoyed!