★ COREY BRYANT

FOR @SQUISH98
STORYLINE THEME: REQUEST

FOR @SQUISH98STORYLINE THEME: REQUEST

       NOTHING IS JUST AS IT SEEMS IN BEACON HILLS. Scott McCall, captain of the lacrosse team and an utter heartthrob, was actually a werewolf alpha. Lydia Martin, the it girl and top of all her classes was in reality, a banshee. You were no different. The girl who was seemingly terrified of water, was actually the most famed swimmer in the deep blue. A mermaid. As insane as it sounds, it is exactly what you are.

No one truly knew of the actual species you'd been put into besides, Scott, Lydia, Malia and Stiles. Originally, you were just like any other normal girl, that was until the dread doctors came along. Tore you from your family, and turned you into something else entirely. Only two months ago had you arrived, flipping your tail and all. Scott had been the one to find you in the woods that night. It had began raining, and it just happened. The transformation, that left you legless and instead with a jade green, scaly fin.

"Hey, y/n!" A voice shouted from just behind you, making you swirl around and land your y/e/c eyes on Corey. He sped up, quickly coming to stand in front of you. "Are you going to the game tonight?"

You had met Corey a little after you'd came, and easily connected. Although he's become a fairly close friend, possibly even more, he didn't know your secret. Nothing about your mermaid side, nada. He only knew you had a large fear/phobia of water.

     You smiled at him before answering. "Yeah, but I have something to do before it." That night you planned to go swimming in the schools pool, seeing as swimming season was over and the weather outside was good enough for no one to need to come into the school.

  "Great! I'll, uh, save you a seat!" You nodded with a small laugh at his stuttering, and watched with interest as he waved goodbye and bounded his way down the hall. You couldn't lie, a small crush had creeped up on you of Corey.

***

      The water was surprisingly nice to dip into, a gracious smile overtook your lips as the deep green tail flourished from your legs. Taking a fairly large intake of air, you pushed yourself down and into the water. Letting your tail flip on the surface of the water, and dove low. Barely needing to come up for air, you swam back to the top, enjoying just the feeling of freely swimming. Letting out a soft sigh, you pushed yourself back and let yourself resume a back float.

       By doing this and completely relaxing, you failed to hear someone enter. "Y/n?"

   A panic seized you, causing you to quickly fly back up and lightly tread in the water. A dawn on realization and horror spewed up as you took in Corey's shocked face. "What are you doing here?" Your voice trembled slightly, and you hid a wince as he walked to the edge of the pool.

"Is that," he paused, pointing at the water where your tail treaded in the pool. "A tail?"

You swam forward, not missing how he didn't even back up or go away. He lowered himself to the edge to observe it as you now treaded right before him. "Please, Corey, don't tell anyone. Only Scott, Lydia, Malia and Stiles know. Please."

His lips twitched up in a smile as he flicked his eyes back to yours. "I won't. Promise. But, can I uh- touch it?"

A laugh tumbled from your lips in relief, as you swung the heavier part of yourself in a fluid motion to float on the top of the water. "Sure." His hand reached out, lightly skimming the top of the tail before fully touching it.

"Wow," he breathed. "I've never met a mermaid before!"

"Wanna come in?" You questioned, a playful smile making its way on your lips as he nodded. Pushing your hand out for him to take, he gingerly grabbed it before you pulled him in with you. A loud splash erupted from the water as Corey fell in and made you laugh even more.

As he emerged, his smile grew as he took in the tail. "This is pretty cool, y/n." He sloshed the water around as he grabbed your hand to pull you closer to him. "If only I was a good swimmer."

"Oh god, Corey." A chuckle slipped past your lips as you held onto his hands in the water to help keep him upright. A small silence went over you two, with smiles exchanged. Corey's eyes flicked from your eyes to your lips. You doing the same. The brunette leaned in, slowly cupping your face with his right hand. You leaned in as well, unable to stop yourself.

It was different than you'd thought it'd be in all the time you'd imagined it. It was soft, caring and overall enjoyable. When you pulled apart, Corey's eyes sparked with joy. "Yeah, tonight's been insane. First, I find out your a mermaid. Next, I finally get to kiss you."

It was safe to say that, that wasn't the last time you two kissed.