- 06 | 𝙧𝙪𝙣 𝙗𝙤𝙮 𝙧𝙪𝙣

[seventeen years ago]

Bell rings

All eight children come down from upstairs to the dining table and stand behind their assigned seats. On the left is Five, Diego, Althea, and Luther. The right is Ben, Klaus, and Allison. Sir Havgreeves and Vanya sit at both ends of the table. 

It's always quite during Dinner tiem as no one is aloud to talk, but only listen to Herr Carlson talking in the background on the tv. 

"Sit." Sir Havgreeves says as all the children do as said and begin digging into the meal in front of them.

While no one is aloud to speak everyone takes that time to do what they wish as long it's a quit activity. Luther and Allison stare at each other while Klaus rolls up a joint. Diego uses his knife to engrave the chair and Ben reads a book. Althea eats her food as if there's no tomorrow ans Vanya cuts up her food slowly and silently. 

But Five had something on his mind, He stared down the man he called his father as he stares back at him, waiting for Five to say something. Five slams his knife on the table and all eyes are on him. 

"Number Five?" Havgreeves asks shouting across the table. 

"I have a question." Five says

"Knowledge is an admirable goal, but you know the rules. No talking during mealtimes." Sir Havgreeves says moving his food around on his plate. "You are interrupting Herr Carlson." He says pointing up his knife in the air still looking down at his food. 

"I want to time travel." 

"No." 

"But I'm ready. I've been practicing my spatial jumps, just like you said." Five argues jumping to appear next to Havgreeves. "See?"

"A spatial jump is trivial when compared with the unknowns of time travel. One is like sliding along the ice, the other is akin to descending blindly into the depths of the freezing water and reappearing as an acorn." Havgreeves says still not making eye contact with Five grabbing to take a sip of his drink. Everyone still continues to eat as if nothing is happening while Althea watches. 

Althea and Five have talked about telling their father on how they are ready to time travel, but not today. Five had other plans. 

"Well, I don't get it." Five says looking at his father with his hands behind his back with a smirk. "Hence the reason you're not ready." Havgreeves said. Looking back towards Vanya who shakes her head and then looking at Althea who also copies her actions as if it could stop Five. They both knew what he was about to do. 

"I'm not afraid." Five says looking at Havgreeves who continue to eats. "Fear isn't the issue." The father says cutting up his food. "The effects it might have on your body, even on your mind, are far too unpredictable." He continues. "Now, I forbid you to talk about this anymore." He says dropping his utensils looking up to finally make eye contact with Five.  

Five looks down and turns away making his way towards the front door. "Number Five!" The father shouts looking at the way Five has just left. "You haven't been excused." He says. "Come back here!" He shouts as the door opens and closes. Nobody went after him, but waited for him to come back later that night. Althea wanted to run after him, but stayed in her seat and continued to eat as if nothing happened. 

When Five didn't return and days turn into weeks, and months turn into years, Althea gave up waiting for him with Vanya. She was hurt. Little did she know, that wouldn't be the only family member she would lose. 

----------

Hope you enjoy this chapter. Watching this part of the episode back made me feel bad and teary eyed for how Five called for Vanya, Ben, and his Father. 

Thank you guys again for 100+ reads means a lot. Hope to update later tomorrow and make sure to vote or comment and I'll see you in the next update.

- Destiny