ch. 15 | 𝙬𝙖𝙞𝙩

third pov

A boy pulls a wagon with a young woman following behind. The wagon consisted of a small number of suppliers with a mannequin being shaded with a black umbrella. They both have been covered with a few pieces of leather of clothing with the women wearing goggles and two coats around her also blocking debris with a bandanna around her mouth. and the young boy the same with a hat that covers his ears and a mask covering his mouth. Walking down a road with ash flying and burnt abandon cars. The boy takes a sip of water after pulling down his mask while still having the wagon follow behind in his footsteps.

As the woman stays behind the wagon she watches him, making sure he's fine, letting him take charge. She was in a somewhat emotional state of mind kind of lost in the place.

As time goes on, so does age. Cold times began as the women now older with little bits of gray hair, less weight, and could hardly keep up with the now older boy pulling a wheelbarrow. They both wear heavier coats and ski goggles as they continue to find a nice safe place to finally call home. With the continuing to make their long journey, they keep collecting and still holding onto their friend mannequin.

Early spring, not too hot or not too cold perfect temperature. An older man rides down the road with a smaller wagon attached behind. The older women now disappeared no longer trailing behind. The wagon now holding fewer materials making down the path with the mannequin wearing shades going down to their next destination. 

--------------------

Althea

"When's it supposed to happen?" Luther asks Five after an hour or so after Five wakes up. I look at him as he sits on the edge of the bed and takes a deep breath before speaking. "I can't give you an exact hour, but..." Five pauses before continuing, "What I could gather, we have four days left." He says answering Luther's question of when the apocalypses will happen. "Why didn't you say something sooner?" Luther questions somewhat sounding disappointed. "It wouldn't have mattered." Five fires back with a low voice. 

"Of course it would," I tell him and he looks up from the floor. "We could've banded together and helped you try to stop this thing," I tell him leaning in my seat. "For the record, you already tried." He says looking at me and back to Luther with a monotone answer. "What do you mean?" Luther asks him taken back by his words. 

"I found all of you." Five answers looking down before looking back at us. "Your bodies." Five clarified. Luther gulped and I lean forward in my seat, "We die?" I ask him the looks back to the ground as he was the only thing to help him, before explaining he looks back up, "Horribly." He states. "You were together trying to stop whoever it was that ends the world." He says lightly shaking his head. "Wait, how do you know that?" Luther asks him and I point towards Luther showing a agree with him. "Five, how would you possibly know-" I get cut off by Five. 

"Because you were there, Althea. I found you alone. Rocking on the ground with your head in your hands, repeating "I could've saved them all." Over and over." Five says keeping eye contact with me not once looking towards the floor. "How could that be possible?" I ask breathlessly, "You never told me, our time together was mostly silent. I honestly thought you were planning to kill me." He tells me with a sad smile "But you were only keeping me alive, giving me the extra food and whatever was left of the water. As you got older you tried to not die with guilt on you." Five says and takes a shaky breath, "I was the last person you could help save. You died with a small smile on your face, knowing I was healthy and was able to continue my journey to get back home." He finishes and looks back down to glance at the floor gulping to hold back his tears. 

I sit there shocked in the small wooden folding chair taken back as to what Five told me with a small tear running down my cheek. I look over from Five towards Luther who looks over at me with some kind of expression. He looks over to Five after coughing to get Five's attention. "Did she ever tell you what happened?" Luther asks as Five shakes his head before answering. 

"She hardly said anything after I found her. She only talked to say goodnight or ask if I was okay. Before she died she would mutter things about a notebook, but I thought it was her lack of food and water that was hitting her hard." He said and Luther looked at me "What notebook, Althea?" He asked me to determine for me to answer. "Um you didn't know this, but Luther, this is not the future. I know nothing about a notebook." I tell him and he shakes his head. "What else do you know?"

  "This was clenched in your dead hand when I found you." Five says as he grabs a round object from his pocket handing it to Luther. "Must've ripped it out of their head right before you went down." Five finishes off.  "Whose head?" Luther asks quietly while looking at the eye. "As I said, I don't know." Five tells him, keeping his voice flat. I nod in response. 

"Well, there's a serial number on the back,"  Luther tells him. "We already tried." Five says motioning to me and him. "It's just a hunk of glass." Five chuckles. Luther hands the eye back to Five. It silent for a moment before I jump from the loudness of Diego's door being slammed open. I turn around with a smile seeing an angry Diego march in, "Glad you're back, I got some stuff to share with you-" 

"Piece of shit." Diego mutters as he cuts me off, I look into his eyes seeing him locked on Five. Luther gets out of seat watching Diego "Do you have any idea what you just did?" Diego grunts as Luther holds him back from getting at Five. "Nope, let me-" Luther gets cut off "Get your ape hands off of me!" Diego shouts. Five just stays seated on the edge of the bed watching the scene in front of him unfold. 

"I can do this all day long as it takes you to calm down." Luther says in a calm voice as Diego wiggles in his grasp while his feet dangling. Diego pants out a fine and Luther drops him to the floor back on his feet. "Know, wanna tell us what you're talkin' about?" I ask Diego standing up out of my seat crossing my arms against my chest. 

Diego motions his head towards Five "Our brother's been pretty busy since he got back." He said keeping his eye contact on Five. "He was in the middle of that shootout at Griddy's, and then the Gimble Brothers, after the guys in masks attacked the Academy," Diego raises his voice pointing a finger towards Five, "looking for him." 

"Which is now, now of your concern." Five tells him from the bed. "It is now." Diego says panting, "They just killed my friend." Diego says and then it clicks that it was a detective patch with me, knowing that's the reason he left last night. Five just stares at Diego blinking a few times before Luther turns to look at Five. "Five, just tell us who they are?" I ask him with a sigh. "They work for my former employer. A woman called The Handler." Five says answering us that she sent the people in the masks. The Handler sent them to stop him. 

"Then, soon as Diego's friend got in their way, well, fair game." He tells Diego and answering a small amount of our question. "And now they're my fair game." Diego states out as if not everyone already in this room had a reason to get those guys. "And I'm gonna see to it they pay." 

"That would be a mistake, Diego." Five calls out. "They've killed people far more dangerous than you." 

"Yeah, we'll see about that," Diego says as he gets towards the door. "Althea, you're coming with me." With that, he vanishes. 

"Well, I'll catch yall later." I say and hit the woah walking to the door throwing a peace sign as the door shuts behind me.

------------

Hey, guys sorry for not updating for a while, I've been worry about school and that had to come first. I can't wait to upload more soon and can't wait to end this book soon lmao before the second season. I really hope to make a sequel for this book when s2 comes out. 

Anyways make sure to vote and or comment and I'll see you guys later

- Destiny

Don't be a silent reader