- 07 | 𝙨𝙢𝙤𝙠𝙚 𝙚𝙜𝙜𝙨

Althea 

I stay in the car as I see Diego walk out of the back of the doughnut shop. 

[five minutes ago]

"So we're aloud to come in here?" I ask unbuckling my seat belt and putting my hand on the doorknob. "You're really funny if you think I will let you out this car. You already went too far. I don't want you in any trouble." Diego says getting out the car  and slamming the door. He turns to look at me through the rolled down window. 

"You really think you can leave me here, dumb a-" I get cut off by Diego. 

"I mean it, please. I'll call you when to pick me up if I get caught." He laughs. "So wait here, because I'll be back." He laughs and walks over the the door. 

----------

I see a women walk up to him and shock the life out of Diego. "Guess someone else should've stayed in the car." I say as I watch him fall onto the ground. 

After a few minutes I get the Idea I won't see him for awhile and move to the drivers side. I start up the car and make my way back to the Academy, but not without looking at a man and women looking suspiciously at the building. 

-----------

  I get back to the horrible place I used to call home and walk into the living room to see Klaus on the couch in only underwear. 

I run over and see him breathing heavy and a tired scary look. The voices. I thought as I shake him awake. 

"Klaus?" I whisper pushing on his shoulder. He shoots up hyperventilating and looks over at the couch as if someones there. 

"You okay?" I ask him still kneeling on the floor next to him. 

"Oh." Klaus says breathing out.

"Shut you piehole, Ben." Klaus says crawling on the floor. I look down at him and sigh. "Ben's not here, Klaus, I would see him." I say patting his back standing up at the area Ben should be. "Said with love." Klaus says kissing his hand and blowing at the direction of nowhere. 

"Wait, you can't see Ben?" Klaus asks finally looking at me. "No I can't. Klaus, look what these drugs are doing to you." I tell him spreading my arms to remind him of his actions. "You're on the floor trying to find the nearest drug. Just stop, stop talking about Ben." I tell him leaving the living room. 

------

Klaus

"I've got a crazy idea." Ben says appearing on the chair on the other side of me. "Why not try starting off your day with-" I cut off Ben. "Why can't she see you, dude?" I ask 

"Because of you, Klaus. So why not start off your day with a glass of orange juice or some eggs." Ben says with continuing his sentence from before. "Can't smoke egg- Wait what do you mean "Because of me?" Eh? She copies powers, she has my power and I know she can see you." I tell Ben throwing on my pants. 

"You're drugs interfere with your powers. You're the source of her power. She collects what your power radiates and rubs onto her. You my friend are stopping her from seeing me. Thanks." Ben says .

"Christ on cracker!" I say looking over at Pogo. 

"My apologies, Master Klaus." Pogo says standing in the middle of the room with his cane in the middle of him. "I have a query for you."

"Oh?" I say leaning on both my arms on the couch. 

"Items from your father's office have gone missing. In particular, an ornate box with pearl inlay." 

Ben closes his book between his finger and turns around to face me. "Really?" He asks

"Really?" I ask looking at Pogo acting as if I no clue to what he's asking. "You don't say."

"Any idea where it went?" Pogo asks

I get a flashback to me grabbing it out of my jacket and going outside near the dumpster in the alleyway and throw things out of the box and soon pawning it to get money for... drugs.

"No, no, no. No idea." I say sighing  "Sorry."

"Liar." Ben says looking up at Pogo as if he can see him. 

"Drop dead." I whisper at him. "Low blow." He says back

"Would you shut up!" I tell him 

"Excuse me?" Pogo says somewhat offended 

"Pogo, I didn't mean you, I just... I- You know, there's been a lot of stuff I've been dealing with. Just a lot of memories coming up. All those good times. Well not so much good times." I tell him trying to change the subject of the missing box I took. 

"The contents of that box are priceless. Were they to find their way back to the office, whoever took it would be absolved of any blame or consequences." Pogo says looking up at Klaus clearly knowing who it is.

"Oh, well, lucky bastard." I say 

"Indeed." Pogo agrees

Once Pogo leaves the room I look over at Ben "Fine. I'll stop. Only for you guys. Don't say I never did nothing nice for you." I say sitting back on the couch rubbing my eyes. "Let's make some eggs." I say getting back up walking to the kitchen. 

"Thanks." Is all I hear Ben say.

---------------

Okay first of all thank you for 300+ likes it means a lot. This chapter is to explain why Althea can't see Ben. I hope to update a very long chapter tomorrow at some point. Till then I will see y'all later. 

Make sure to vote and comment 

- Destiny