Part Five*

Fauziyya and I have been seeing a lot of each other lately, mainly because I am forced to go see her or take her out and it's irritating me to my core.

Just last week we had to take pre-wedding pictures and it was awkward and annoying to be holding onto someone I don't like but she's my ticket to start living my life and leave this messed one behind.

In a week she and I would be officially be husband and wife and I hate it at the same time I can't wait for it.

I have everything ready for the wedding ceremonies that Mama, Mami and her mother have planned even though my mum is still angry that I said Mami must be present in everything. Mama gave birth to me and she's my mother but Mami raised me and so she's my mum. Garba is more excited than anyone, I think it's because he thinks he'll meet a lot of women there, I wish he wouldn't be happy because her friends might be as ugly as she is.

I was seated outside with my friend Faisal talking about anything and everything except about my marriage, I hate it when people bring it up because it's like saying goodbye To bachelorhood.
"—and when I finally told her she freaked" he finally ends his sentence.

Faisal and I have been friends for about 8years now and he is the type that talks extra fast. I wonder were he's running to.
"Well I think she's just angry you moved on".

"Talking about moving on....have you told Bilkisu?"

"Nope mama did. You know her she was so eager and happy to do it".
"And you let her?"

"I didn't know it was Abdulwahab (her cousin/my friend) who told me she just found out".

"But Abdul knew, why didn't he tell her?"
"I wanted to tell her myself but Mama raced me to it, you know her".
"Yup She was telling my mum yesterday that you wouldn't drive her but you drive anty Mami, is it true?"

"You know mama. Driving with her in the car is worse than torture, at least the only screams you'd hear is yours" I say and he bursts out laughing.

"Dumbass. I'm serious"
"Your life is a roller coaster, my friend. Embrace it" he says still laughing.

"It's not funny by the way It's not like I like the ride seff"
"Not your choice my friend"

He always says my friend whenever he is teasing me, it's quite annoying.

I take my cup of water and splash it on his face.
"What....da...hell"
"I told you I was serious"

"You should thank god that my phone was not on me when you splashed it on me, if not...haha you know what I'd do to you".

"Don't mess with me again". I say getting up heading to our apartment.
"Are you trying to take me on that ride with you?" He continues teasing me.
"Bastard".

He starts walking behind me like someone completely drunk. In fact you could say he was drunk because he was wet, staggering and laughing like an insane person but he always does it to piss me off even more.

::

I open the door and see Fawaz wearing his jersey and sport shoes.
"You're back from playing soccer or you're going?" I ask him.

"I just got back......with anty and Fauziyya"
"Wait what?"

"Yeah Mami said I should call you and tell you to come and take a walk with the girl"
"Seriously? Now?" I ask looking at myself. I was wearing my favorite blue faded jeans and grey vest, I think I have been wearing that vest for 3 days now, it's so comfortable.
"Okay go and eat" I say and he jogs off.

I quickly change my clothes. I wore a black jeans, white shirt and my favorite adidas slides.

I enter the living room and see Mami, Anty and Fauziyya who I had to admit looked good.

After greeting anty we both left to take a walk around.
"You look good" I say when we were finally outside walking by the road.

"I thought we would be taking the walk inside"
"Yeah well you came at the exact time I take my evening walks"

"Yeah me too. That's why mami said Fawaz should call you, I'm sorry if it was a bother".

"It's fine at least you know it is a bother" I say back with a frown.
"How far do you walk?"

"Well I take an hour" I say and she laughs.
"An hour is too much for me".

"That's what a lazy person would say".
"Well I don't know if I'm lazy or not but I'll try to change".

I smile. Fake, completely fake.
We finish our walk and now we are walking back.
A car pulls up beside us, I couldn't tell who it was because the glass of the whole car was tinted.

The windows open and I see Abdulwahab.
I move Fauziyya to stand by my other side so she wouldn't be by the road next to that pervert.

"What am I seeing?" He asks.
"I don't know, you tell me"

"Is that our bride?" He asks.
"You don't have to know, just leave"

He laughs. He horns and the gate opens.
I had no idea which house we were standing in front of until I saw that gate open, I felt bad, in fact terrible.
Bilkisu and her sister were walking over.

"Come on Let's go" Abdulwahab says.
Her sister gets in while she stands in front of us.
"Abbakar?"

"How have you been?" I ask.
"Good. I heard the news".
She says, I stay quiet.

Why the hell was she trying to make me feel worse than I do already?

"And who is this?" She asks looking at Fauziyya.
"Oh! This is Fauziyya Tafida" I say with a smile.
"It's nice to meet you" Fauziyya says awkwardly.

"You too. So she's the wifey. I saw the card"
I nod.
"Well we have to go back, we are a bit busy and decided to take a walk, I'll see you at the wedding" I say holding Fauziyya's hand and walking away.

I had no idea what was in my head. Why did I have to say all those things?
I just wanted to show her that I wasn't getting married because I was forced to but because I wanted to.
We went back home I said my farewell and left for my room.

::

"TOMORROW IS THE D-DAY!!!" Yahya shouts.
"I'm going to kill you".

"How can you say something like that my very good friend". He says back.

"Fuck the friendship" I say.

"Screw it" Garba says.
"I'm so tired" I say falling on Garba's messed up bed.
"You should better rest since you would officially be kicked out of the bachelor group tomorrow" Garba says laughing.

"In fact Garba you are the group admin, kick him out" Yahya says trying to be funny.

"Ahhhhh!" Garba And I say in unison indicating that Yahya's joke sucked.
"Boooooo!" Garba taunts him.

"That was pitiful" I say trying to move the attention to my boring friend.
"So how many grooms friends will there be?" Garba asks.

"Plus you two..9 and the bride's friends are 8 if that's what you want to know".

"No. That's not it. Abeg sleep because your mother will look for you first thing in the morning".

"Wait have you checked out your house?" Yahya asks.
"Yeah I have" I say back.

Things will change soon enough.....I promise it will.